| GOLF Average tee-shot distance with driver by state. This is for 0-5 handicaps.

TerryP

Staff
I've been following Lou Stagner throughout this golf season: it's getting close to a year now. His "Golf Stats" account isn't so much instructional for me as it is educational. He makes a lot of points that lead play to "what you can do" versus "what you think you might be able to do." Stroke savers.

Interesting look here. My first thought on the east coast was "shot makers" courses: one landing area to another. I used my driver eight times in my last round. My second thought was elevation. I'd venture to say 75% of the courses I play are between 8' and 25' above sea level. Oklahoma is what, 1300 ft above and there's only a 13 yard difference?

Maybe it's age.

FGVsYz8WQAc2fEZ

Not sure but I believe the little bastard wasn't stealing my balls. 1st week in November... course has lost a lot of trees since the last time I played it....Hurricanes will do that. Great shape though, greens were firm, but fast...not that I could hit them or anything. :p
At sea level, so that explains my shitty driving distances. ..;)

We play Kiva Dunes and Peninsula oth on Fort Morgan Hwy. We’ve stayed at houses at Kiva many times. Good spot if you like a calmer beach crowd and nice service at their pool club. Course is nice for that area.

Back in the late 80's there was a house there named "About Time." Like the one I referred to earlier, it was a few miles past the store/dock on the left. We spent two weeks there on summer that ended just past the 4th of July. I may have seen two dozen people on the beach those two weeks.

One of the cool things about that house was the wrap around deck. The owner had put down artificial grass/carpet and turned it into a "Putt-Putt" course. If was one of the few left on the front side of the dunes after a storm ran through there in the mid 80's.

At sea level, so that explains my shitty driving distances. .
I gave up trying to be the longest a long time ago. That said, I can cut some corners if I'm willing to "grip it and rip it."

I honestly don't know what I average off the time. I'm guessing 260-270. A 500 yard 5 par? I'm going at it in three regardless.

We play Kiva Dunes and Peninsula oth on Fort Morgan Hwy. We’ve stayed at houses at Kiva many times. Good spot if you like a calmer beach crowd and nice service at their pool club. Course is nice for that area.
We have always stayed at one called Lost Palms right in the turn by Bentley’s (State owned) beach house…going down a little further next year to a little bigger house, got more family coming down next year.

I gave up trying to be the longest a long time ago. That said, I can cut some corners if I'm willing to "grip it and rip it."

I honestly don't know what I average off the time. I'm guessing 260-270. A 500 yard 5 par? I'm going at it in three regardless.
I can get a 280/290 every once in a while…mostly around 260/270….same here on a 500 yard par 5. :)

Back
Top Bottom