| GAME THREAD šŸˆ Arkansas vs Alabama šŸˆ ~ 11 CT on ESPN.

I canā€™t wait to see what the excuse makers post this week. ā€œTheyā€™re getting better each weekā€ is no longer valid ā€¦ neither is ā€œthis defense is eliteā€. Iā€™ve never bought into the ā€œthis team is youngā€ as Bamaā€™s won NCā€™s with young teams. I might buy some/all of the excuses except for the fact Bama hasnā€™t looked like the Bama of the dynasty years in a while. Bryce just covered up a lot of the deficiencies that Milroe canā€™t.

We hear all the time itā€™s not the Xā€™s and Oā€™s (Coaches/game plans) itā€™s the Jimmyā€™s and Joeā€™s (Players/performances). Bama has elite recruits playing like average recruits. Is it more a problem of poor recruit evaluations or of poor coaching hires?
I get the frustration, but the defense played fantastic in the first half, and late into the 3rd. We were off the field prior to that bullshit penalty. After that, yeah.... there's plenty to be critical about. Coverage busts, not getting Jefferson down when we have him, overrunning lanes and allowing Jefferson to bust out for a big play. Rush defense was good, they couldn't run the ball in between the tackles effectively all game. Fact is, they need their offense to stay on the field, and put the game away when they have the chance. They were giving them opportunity after opportunity to put the game away. We need this offense(especially the OL) to step the fuck up when we have these opportunities. You cannot let a team like Arkansas hang in the game for that long. The defense once again steps up when they're needed, and gets a BIG stop on Arkansas's last drive of the game. This is still this teams biggest strength, but we cannot keep putting them in situations to save the game for us. This same shit happened last week.

This team is the most talented team in college football. 90% of the players are 4 or 5 stars. That's incredible. But they have a horrible attitude. And Rees is out of his depth. If your left tackle keeps getting beat then why aren't you moving your running back or tight end to that side? When they are blitzing 5 or 6 guys then why don't you have a hot route? A hitch or a drag or something. Why don't you move guys around more? Change up the formation. Run wide when they're clogging the middle? Call a screen pass from time to time. This offense is so easy for defenses to read it's like basic math when the defense has mechanical engineers on their side. Good grief

This is definitely not a playoff team at this point. Will it change? Probably not. On offense still an OL problem, OL coach needs his walking papers. Still a QB problem. Milroe gets lucky when he has plenty of time to stare down a receiver and throw the ball. Play calling is weird. Reese needs his walking papers. On defense roller coaster ride. The Tennessee and LSU games could be ugly not to mention on the road at the Barn.

Alabama was up 21-6 at the half when I was eating at a sports bar with my sister, then I started watching the game on my phone and it was 24-6. Did the offense and defense run off the field and into the tunnel? Why the heck did the Tide COLLAPSE in the second half? šŸ¤”
They were complacent and penalty-itus bit us to give Arkansas a TD and a spark.
I read where Milroe even said they were complacent. This team is not good enough to get complacent on anybody.

This team is the most talented team in college football. 90% of the players are 4 or 5 stars. That's incredible. But they have a horrible attitude. And Rees is out of his depth. If your left tackle keeps getting beat then why aren't you moving your running back or tight end to that side? When they are blitzing 5 or 6 guys then why don't you have a hot route? A hitch or a drag or something. Why don't you move guys around more? Change up the formation. Run wide when they're clogging the middle? Call a screen pass from time to time. This offense is so easy for defenses to read it's like basic math when the defense has mechanical engineers on their side. Good grief
This.... Either they have a hot route and Milroe is misisng it or the OC is not calling a hot route. When I played (yes only high school) as the slot receiver I broke off the route when the blitz came. At least have a drop down reciever. And the pass protection? What is up with that? Provide 74 help or find someone else to play that position.

This is definitely not a playoff team at this point. Will it change? Probably not. On offense still an OL problem, OL coach needs his walking papers. Still a QB problem. Milroe gets lucky when he has plenty of time to stare down a receiver and throw the ball. Play calling is weird. Reese needs his walking papers. On defense roller coaster ride. The Tennessee and LSU games could be ugly not to mention on the road at the Barn.
Kentucky could be a real problem too. Last season they gave Georgia all they wanted in Lexington before the Dawgs escaped with a narrow victory.

Oh what Dan Mullen could do for Jalen and the offense as OC and Sam Pittman with the OL as OL coach. Those two would be fantastic upgrades next year. I definitely want Pittman if Ark fires him. I read the Mullen story and yes all he cares about is offense game planning and play calling. Perfect. He can be a secondary recruiter.

Milroe has been sacked at-least 5x seven straight games..This is the first time it has happened in fbs in 20 years. Let that sink in for a minute.

Back
Top Bottom