| HOW TO Any PMPs here? Regarding the application.

I am resubmitting my application for the PMP exam after it was rejected a few months ago. I believe it was rejected because I chose to describe my project specifics rather than using strictly PMP terms. The problem I am running into now is the terms used to describe project A also apply to B and C, so it's beginning to sound very repetitive.

Does anyone have advice on the application?

I was looking into it but decided I did not want to spend the money and time just to get another certification that I may not use, especially since I realized quickly how much I don't like PM work (or generally PMs but I digress). My understanding from others who went through the whole thing was that you have to focus on your role in each project and ensure you use tons of terminology from the PMBOK. Make sure you spend time on initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing a project with specific actions you took. Use the Project Objective, Project Outcome, Role on the Project, and Responsibilities format for each one with those as individual headings to make sure they can easily fined exactly what they are looking for and judge it. The primary thing is to write like a PM. You know, things like "I identified major stakeholders whose involvement would have an impact on the project" and "I monitored the project's progress to keep it within project timelines and budget." It will sound repetitive. Try to make sure you reword things at times just to break it up some and show you aren't just copying off a template. And try to find something in each that is a little different that you can mention. Like, if it was going off budget make sure to note how you performed the needed budgetary change request with proper reasoning and got approval from all stakeholders.

Back
Top Bottom