| OT ⚽ Any other Premier League fans here?

I'm a little surprised that Tottenham haven't sacked Conte yet. Seems like they're stuck in the Auburn-Malzahn conundrum. Sure you you don't want him, but you can't guarantee his replacement will be any better.

@bamafan9201 , just my .02...

• Over the last twenty years or so, Arsenal and especially their idiotic fans are like the barn's team and fans. Every blue moon, this team is relevant. When they are, like this year, their fans are more unbelievably belligerent and idiotic.
  • I hate to type this, but if you're making a comparison, ManU's long-term success and era of dominance is very much like Bama's. Fans completely expect to either win the league title, which they haven't won since 2012-13 when their legendary manager retired. They have Sir Alex Ferguson; we have Nick Saban. Regardless, I am NOT a fan.
  • Chelsea, which is my team, is currently in shambles. Russian Roman Abromovich bought the team in 2002. He was a damn good owner who spent when he needed to and replaced good with a TON better (usually). When Russia invaded the Ukraine, Britain's stupid government sanctioned Abromovich and made him sell the team (without reaping a profit, which would have been in the billions) because he is Russian and has been a known associate of Putin. Never mind that Abromovich publicly decried the invasion. The LA Dodgers' owner bought the team. Boehly is...learning English soccer. He did can a very successful manager (whom Bayern Munich just hired) for a ...Imagine Greg Byrne canning Saban for Billy Napier. Oyy...This has been a train wreck. One day, this team will be back on top. One day...
  • @SnakeDoc 's team Man City has really come on in the last fifteen years or so. The team has the best manager in the league and most of the best players, both consistently so for the last five - six years. If there's a weak link on the team, it's the left back, but that's a bit of a stretch to call Ake that.
  • Like Man City, Newcastle is owned by Arab oil money. The owners are spending and turning a middle of the road club into something special.
  • Liverpool is consistently good, but the team has fallen off the last couple of years. Without a big transfer market spending spree this summer, it'll be sitting outside the top four looking in in the next couple of years.

• Liverpool is consistently good, but the team has fallen off the last couple of years. Without a big transfer market spending spree this summer, it'll be sitting outside the top four looking in in the next couple of years.
Liverpool is owned by FSG, Femway Sports Grouo, who also own the Red Sox. Arsenal also has an American owner, Stan Kroenke.

I'm a little surprised that Tottenham haven't sacked Conte yet. Seems like they're stuck in the Auburn-Malzahn conundrum. Sure you you don't want him, but you can't guarantee his replacement will be any better.
There it is! I'm a little surprised that Levy didn't hand over the reins to Mason again. I thought he did well after Mourinho was sacked.

Back
Top Bottom