Any of you fellers ever smoked bologna before?

Nope, never been a big bologna fan.

Speaking of names of cities in europe, you see that Europe is fighting over the name of cheeses and other things. If they pass it, people outside the region who produce various cheeses named after the area they came from won't be able to name the cheese that anymore. Parmesan, etc...wondering if bologna falls into the same bucket.

I've never been a huge bologna fan myself... In fact, I really can't remember the last time I had any. When I do eat it, I almost always fry it up. As a kid, it didn't matter. I need to try some Boar's Head bologna and see what it tastes like. I just keep hearing about how good it is smoked, so I'm close to giving it a try.

you will most definitely want to go real low on temp, 200 degrees, it's already cooked, you are just heating it up. The longer it stays cool, the longer it will take smoke. Meats stop taking smoke at around 150 any after that, and it gets bitter. Try using a mild wood, apple, pecan.....stay away from hickory or mesquite. Barely hit it with smoke, thin blue smoke is what you want, but you don't want to see it just billowing from your vents. Of course you will need to take the red casing off.
@Brandon Van de Graaff

Nothing to add here, except to see that the title of this page, as it appears is 'any of you fellers ever smoked' and my devious brain ran to substances other than meat, especially with this crowd.

Back
Top Bottom