| FTBL Andre Smith named SEC Offensive Lineman of the Year.

TerryP

Staff
2007 SEC FOOTBALL INDIVIDUAL AWARDS

Scholar-Athlete of the Year
Jacob Tamme, TE, Kentucky

Offensive Player of the Year
Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas

Defensive Player of the Year
Glenn Dorsey, DL, LSU

Special Teams Player of the Year
Felix Jones, RS, Arkansas

Freshman of the Year
# Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia

Jacobs Blocking Trophy
*Jonathan Luigs, C, Arkansas
*Andre Smith, OL, Alabama

Coach of the Year
Sylvester Croom, Mississippi State

# - Unanimous Selection
* - Ties

TerryP said:

Glenn Dorsey, DL, LSU

Freshman of the Year

Jacobs Blocking Trophy

Coach of the Year

# - Unanimous Selection
* - Ties

Javy got shafted horribly. How could this happen, honestly?

crimsontradition14 said:
TerryP said:

Glenn Dorsey, DL, LSU

Freshman of the Year

Jacobs Blocking Trophy

Coach of the Year

# - Unanimous Selection
* - Ties

I don't see it that way at all. He didn't lead the SEC in punt returns or kick returns. IF anyone got shafted, it was UF's Brandon James who led the SEC in PR's and was 2nd in KR's.

TerryP said:
crimsontradition14 said:
TerryP said:

Glenn Dorsey, DL, LSU

Freshman of the Year

Jacobs Blocking Trophy

Coach of the Year

# - Unanimous Selection
* - Ties

I don't see it that way at all. He didn't lead the SEC in punt returns or kick returns. IF anyone got shafted, it was UF's Brandon James who led the SEC in PR's and was 2nd in KR's.

Maybe I'm just biased, haha, I saw him do so many great things.

TideAlum05 said:
So how is Tebow going to win the Heisman now? :lol:

It's called the media's infatuation with Timmy. Did y'all see Tebow's response to June Jones' remarks supporting his QB's numbers? I do believe the young man is starting to let all this hype go to his head.

Btw, there ought to be a law against your avatar, TideAlum05.

bear facts said:
TideAlum05 said:
So how is Tebow going to win the Heisman now? :lol:

It's called the media's infatuation with Timmy. Did y'all see Tebow's response to June Jones' remarks supporting his QB's numbers? I do believe the young man is starting to let all this hype go to his head.

First, I thought T squared's interview was pretty funny. He seemed to be one of the more laid back guests they had.

But, on to the comments, June Jones needs to grow up. I thought his comments were childish and very sad when you take into account the fact that he's supposed to be a role model. When you have to belittle a 20 year old kid to try and promote your own QB, it's freaking pathetic.

And, regardless, the comments were ridiculous for a man who's supposed to know football. Every QB is a system QB. Every QB runs a system. Tim Tebow isn't accurate? He's not a natural passer? Tebow is second in the nation in passing efficiency while maintaining the highest yards-per-attempt average at 9.88. Nice try in swaying votes June. Have fun watching Tim Tebow hoist the trophy up.

Jones' response when asked about the uproar he created?

I did get a whole bunch of e-mails and calls from Florida State people that said, 'Thanks for finally saying that.'

Yeah, they would say that after Tim Tebow "Tebowed" them.

What's next? Darren McFadden is slow? Andre Smith can't block?

Have fun next year in the swamp, Mr. Jones.

Gratz Andre "pancake man" Smith...you will be a monster among boys next year.

bear facts said:

Me thinks you are correct, but he is coached my an ego driven person. Should we expect any less? Yes I cannot stand CUM and I like Tebow even less :evil:

Hmmm, I'm really not trying to be too hard on Andre' or be negative, but is anyone else surprised by this? Maybe it was all the hype but does anyone else think Andre' kind of underperformed? It seems he let his weight get back up and made some mental mistakes a few times.

Again, not trying to downgrade his importance at all. I just think he can do even better. :)

Glenn Dorsey? Really? I mean, "if" he had been healthy all year, then maybe. If they are basing this on potential, the probably. They are obviously not basing it on numbers.

Dorsey didn't make the top ten in any of the top categories. Wallace Gillberry was #2 in sacks, and #1 in tackles for a loss.

Am I missing something here?

I missed it, what Tebow say in response June's comment's? (June's comment's were uttlerly ridiculous by the way. If he truly believes what he said, he's never actually watched Tebow play.)

BamaDelta said:
Hmmm, I'm really not trying to be too hard on Andre' or be negative, but is anyone else surprised by this? Maybe it was all the hype but does anyone else think Andre' kind of underperformed? It seems he let his weight get back up and made some mental mistakes a few times.

Again, not trying to downgrade his importance at all. I just think he can do even better. :)

underperformed? ummm NO.

shipley00 said:
Glenn Dorsey? Really? I mean, "if" he had been healthy all year, then maybe. If they are basing this on potential, the probably. They are obviously not basing it on numbers.

Dorsey didn't make the top ten in any of the top categories. Wallace Gillberry was #2 in sacks, and #1 in tackles for a loss.

Am I missing something here?

yea if u went by who actually had the best season then Wallace Gillberry should have been Defensive Player of The Year. imo at least.

Back
Top Bottom