| FTBL Amusing bowl game: AU vs AU with a lake.

TerryP

Staff
Seeing the talk about Auburn playing Clemson in the Chick-Fil-A bowl game brought to mind the late Lewis Grizzard's comment on Clemson. "It's Auburn with a lake."

I recall the Peach with UT a few years ago...couldn't tell who was who when the camera paned over the crowd because of the colors.

Tigers vs Tigers, another Bowden associated with another Auburn game.

It's games like this I'll have to adjust the color on the TV to kill as much Orange as possible...makes me almost wish for the days of B&W TV's.

Team Colors

I recently read some trivia about the team colors. Both Schools had the same coach at one time.

John Heisman, who coached at Auburn for five years (1895-1899) before taking over at Clemson for four seasons (1900-03).

He just didn't realize modern communication systems would happen. (Typical Allbarn) All he had to do was copy one from the other. It worked when He was in Alabama, They will never know up here in South Carolina. That is two states away. Go Tiggers

TerryP said:
Seeing the talk about Auburn playing Clemson in the Chick-Fil-A bowl game brought to mind the late Lewis Grizzard's comment on Clemson. "It's Auburn with a lake."

I recall the Peach with UT a few years ago...couldn't tell who was who when the camera paned over the crowd because of the colors.

It's games like this I'll have to adjust the color on the TV to kill as much Orange as possible...makes me almost wish for the days of B&W TV's.
I always crack up when I think of Clemson, " Auburn with a lake, ALWAYS" comes to mind! I go up there at least once a year, good friend of mine's father played baseball and is a big donor there, so they have some nice season tickets.

TerryP said:

Clemson campus is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Aubruns. Have friends that are HUGE Clemson supporters, both are grads and heavy into IPTAY. Never have I even tried to compare the two. Aubruns not even close in my book as far as the campus is concerned.

Clemson have a few 'Bama guys. One of their top receivers leads a bible study I'm a part of. Sounds like they have some top notch players/coaches as well.

Outlaw said:
Clemson have a few 'Bama guys. One of their top receivers leads a bible study I'm a part of. Sounds like they have some top notch players/coaches as well.

One of those that I'd love to have back is Dabo Swinney. How many years have we been wishing him back? He's a great recruiter for Clemson.

BamaDelta said:
Outlaw said:

One of those that I'd love to have back is Dabo Swinney. How many years have we been wishing him back? He's a great recruiter for Clemson.

I've had the same thought. It would require moving Cignetti to an off the field position which isn't unheard of for a recruiting coordinator. But, Curt is a heck of a coach as well.

Living in SC I tend to rag on Clemson fans about their school being one "Alabama built." They laugh, until I start listing the names with Bama ties. Howards rock. Frank Howard. Ingram, Ford, hell even Tommy Bowden coached at Bama.

TerryP said:
hell even Tommy Bowden coached at Bama.

Yeah, but I don't want him back. :wink:

I agree with your Cignetti comments. Since Dabo played here and is very successful as a coach I'd always welcome him back.

Great, this bowl is New Year's night. My choices to ring in the new year now include going to the CFA bowl with all my Auburn family or sitting at home alone while all my Auburn family goes to the CFA bowl. :roll: :roll:

Well, my daughter refused to go down to Auburn to a game this year (at least I raised one right :D ), so maybe she'll refuse to go to this one as well leaving me an out. Otherwise I'll look like a big "you know what" if I don't go with everyone else since AU is in my own city. :?

As much as I hate say it, go root for Clemson! Don't wear orange though...it would destroy my image of you.

BamaDelta said:
Great, this bowl is New Year's night. My choices to ring in the new year now include going to the CFA bowl with all my Auburn family or sitting at home alone while all my Auburn family goes to the CFA bowl. :roll: :roll:

Well, my daughter refused to go down to Auburn to a game this year (at least I raised one right :D ), so maybe she'll refuse to go to this one as well leaving me an out. Otherwise I'll look like a big "you know what" if I don't go with everyone else since AU is in my own city. :?

BamaDelta said:
Outlaw said:

Very good indeed.

Looks like I might not have to go. :) AU actually sold some tickets for a game and might sell out before they get to the hubby's level :shock: (probably only because it's in ATL).

BamaDelta said:
Looks like I might not have to go. :) AU actually sold some tickets for a game and might sell out before they get to the hubby's level :shock: (probably only because it's in ATL).

Woo hoo. good for you. You know how I feel about going to see the barn play Sandra. Paint drying is more exciting. Unless you go and pull for Clemson. :D

BamaAlum50 said:
BamaDelta said:

Woo hoo. good for you. You know how I feel about going to see the barn play Sandra. Paint drying is more exciting. Unless you go and pull for Clemson. :D

Oh, I'd be pulling for Clemson all right. I just couldn't let it be known. :shock:

BamaAlum50 said:
BamaDelta said:
Oh, I'd be pulling for Clemson all right. I just couldn't let it be known. :shock:

I would let it be known loud and clear. Make barners around me miserable. :D

Now you know that wouldn't work! I'd like to be able to keep some of my Christmas gifts. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom