| FOOD Amazon is buying whole foods market ...

Kinda interesting to think about grocery delivery as a business.

Schwan's has been delivering groceries since the 1950's I believe...limited products.

Other businesses have been delivering groceries, meats, etc for years as well.

Prior to moving to Dallas in 2002 I lived in San Diego. There was an online grocery business outta Seattle called HomeGrocer that expanded to San Diego in 2000. Great concept but they didn't last long...and they were funded by Amazon. They were sold to WebVan and never really made it big time. It's interesting now that their idea 18 years later is now taking off.

Kroger offers their shopping service and is now starting to test delivery. They've been offering the curbside service for about a year or so if I remember correctly.

Walmart is now looking to have employees deliver stuff on their way home.

Target still isn't offering this, which is really really strange to me.

I love Whole Foods, but they are crazy expensive, used to shop there weekly for certain foods, but haven't in a few years. The location isn't that close to me, but when one opens up closer I'll probably get certain foods there. They've certainly earned their nickname of Whole Wallet.

It's amazing to me how lazy (smart) we've become when it comes to shopping.

My grocery habits will probably mimic my shopping habits, buy local if the price is right or if I need it now. Buy online if I can wait or it's cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom