| BSB/SB ðŸ¥Ž Alabama run rules #20 U. LA-Lafayette 8-0 to close out the Mardi Gras Mambo 6-0 (15-0 overall.)

RTB.com

Site Administration
Staff
  • Thursday, Feb. 24 at #20/20 Louisiana – Lafayette, La. – 6 p.m. CT
  • Friday, Feb. 25 vs. Nicholls – Youngsville, La. – 2 p.m. CT
  • Friday, Feb. 25 vs. Southeastern Louisiana – Youngsville, La. - 4 p.m. CT
  • Saturday, Feb. 26 vs. Northwestern State – Youngsville, La. - 3 p.m. CT
  • Saturday, Feb. 26 vs. Louisiana Tech – Youngsville, La. - 5 p.m. CT
  • Sunday, Feb. 27 vs. #20/20 Louisiana – Youngsville, La. - 11 a.m. CT

Scouting Alabama​

• No. 2 Alabama plays a Thursday night road game against 20th-ranked Louisiana before five more games at the Mardi Gras Mambo in Youngsville, La., including a rematch with the Ragin' Cajuns on Sunday.
  • The two games against Louisiana will be the Crimson Tide's fourth and fifth ranked matchups so far this season, previously beating then-No. 9 Arizona, 11-0, and then-No. 8 Virginia Tech, 1-0 and 2-0
  • Alabama went 5-0 at the Easton Bama Bash, defeating Evansville once and taking two from both Middle Tennessee and then-No. 8 Virginia Tech
  • Montana Fouts was named the SEC Pitcher of the Week after going 2-0 last weekend with just one run allowed and 24 strikeouts
  • Head Coach Patrick Murphy is in his 24th season as head coach at Alabama with a 1,158-320 (.783) record
  • Alabama returns 11 players from last year's team that made the Women's College World Series semifinals, including a pair of All-Americans in Montana Fouts and Kaylee Tow
  • The Tide welcomes nine newcomers, including three transfers and six freshmen

As of Tuesday Out of the Box was reporting there wouldn't be streaming video this weekend. It looks like that's changed (at least for game one against U La-La.)

(Gray did mention there was a Russian site offering video ... don't go there for a trial offer. According to him it's a scam.)

Last weekends game thread we saw a few mentioning "it's early in the season." I get that but have to take a bit of a different stance on what we saw. Two things of note on fielding/defense and the offense:

How often do you see an "E" on the board and summarily dismiss the stat? I have to give Megan Bloodworth a pass considering it was her first "live ball" when she registered the error last weekend. Her fielding percentage took a hit; it's at .950 right now. (20 chances, 11 put outs along with eight assists.)

It's the team number that jumps out to me especially given they were facing a top ten team in Va. Tech last weekend. They're at .995 FPCT, 221 C, 165 PO, 55 A, and the 1 E. That's a strong defensive unit, folks.

There's some numbers on offense that jumped out to me as well. I can't say I've seen this before: certainly something I think we can call a bit of an anomaly. Goodnight, Shipman, Prange, and Johnson all saw 23 at bats this past weekend. All four finished with weekend 10-23. All four had OB% of .500 or greater, and all four with a SLG% of .652 or greater. That's a solid start for an offensive group and there's not a lot of drop off when we get to #5 and #6 in the last lineup. Seeing Doerr and Dowling in the 7/8 spot struggling a bit now isn't something we'll continue to see as the both get into playing shape this season.

U La-La has a solid program. I'm looking forward to at least listening to the game tonight.

Lexi or Tana? I'm guessing we see Tana in the circle to start the series.

No, it just shows the matchup and time.
Gray and Tom said they expect to be handling the radio broadcast over their phones (SECN doesn't have a mobile production unit they can use.) That tells me I'll likely be listening instead of watching.

I'm wondering if I misunderstood the guys when I was listening to their latest pod. Unless this has been edited, sure looks like I did with the stream tonight.

At the Plate (0:00-27:55): Tom and Gray start off explaining how you can listen to this weekend’s Alabama games in Youngsville and why there isn’t streaming (Thursday is on ESPN+), plus the dangers of clicking links in the comments. Then, the guys look back at the Bama Bash and discuss the impressive defense, timely hitting, and incredible pitching before talking a bit about Virginia Tech and previewing the Mardi Gras Mambo.

I enjoy these guys...good pod to listen to each week.

Yes I agree Fouts in this one
I need to quit guessing.

FMZer7PX0AkKCkz

Back
Top Bottom