| BSB/SB ðŸ¥Ž Alabama run rules #20 U. LA-Lafayette 8-0 to close out the Mardi Gras Mambo 6-0 (15-0 overall.)

LAFAYETTE, La. – No. 2 Alabama needed just five innings to dispatch 20th-ranked Louisiana on the road Thursday night, with a big third inning pushing the Crimson Tide to a 9-1 win over the Ragin' Cajuns.

Alabama (10-0) took an early lead over Louisiana (6-1) with a two-run home run from Kaylee Tow in the first inning, her first long ball of the season. Later with the bases loaded in the top of the third, a walk to Abby Doerr and a hit-by-pitch to Megan Bloodworth plated two runs before Lexi Kilfoyl (3-0) helped her own cause with a two-run double to make it 6-0. The Tide went on to score three more in the inning, taking a 9-0 lead. The score remained the same until the Ragin' Cajuns erased the shutout with an RBI single in the bottom of the fourth, but they could not avoid the run-rule loss as Alabama held on for the 9-1 win in five innings.

Kilfoyl went the distance for her third complete-game victory of the season, all of which have come against ranked opponents, and helped her own cause with a 2-for-3 day at the plate with two RBIs. In addition to Kilfoyl, the top five in the Crimson Tide order all tallied a hit and scored six of the team's nine runs.

From Head Coach Patrick Murphy​

"The people here have always been some of the nicest in the world and it showed tonight when they honored Aly and I pregame. They didn't have to do that, but it just shows how great of people they are. It was a great crowd and our hitters did really well. The big hits were Tow's home run and Kilfoyl's double. I had a feeling the third inning was our chance and we just had good at-bats that inning and throughout the game. Abby Doerr had an 0-2 count two times and drew a walk, so our at-bats are getting better as the year goes on."

Highlights​

• Alabama improves to 9-6 all-time vs. UL, just its second win in Lafayette
  • The Crimson Tide is 4-0 against ranked opponents this season, outscoring them 23-1
  • Alabama has scored first in every game this season and is 6-0 when scoring in the first inning
  • Kaylee Tow's first-inning home run was her first long ball of the season, the 31st of her career
  • The seven runs scored in the third inning are tied for the second-most scored by Alabama in an inning this season
  • Louisiana's RBI single in the sixth inning marked Kilfoyl's first run allowed of the season, ending her shutout streak at 16.0 innings
  • The game was Kilfoyl's third career multi-hit game and her first of the season

ULL is 6-0 with 5 shutouts (only given up 2 runs so far this year). Schedule up to this point has been weak, but still impressive.
I can see ULL facing a team like Texas (what's happened there?) in a regional, stealing it and making it to the Super's. A dangerous out.

If I'm remembering this right ... game notes had ULL with over â…”'s hitting .400 or better, two or three pitchers that hadn't allowed an earned run.

A number that surprised me? This was Alabama's second win all time in Lafayette. I don't know how many games have been played. Alabama was there two years ago I believe. A 9-6 record versus ULL. Strong program.

While she only pitched five innings does it shock you to see Lexi only had three K's?
a hit-by-pitch
I mentioned this last weekend thinking we were seeing more than usual. Two on the night. OBP.

Gray and Tom were talking about riding around town yesterday with Aly and Murph. I'm thinking that was probably a team thing...small tour bus kind of trip, right? Tom mentioned Murph showing them where he grew up, where they went to school, and other places in their home town.

That's a pretty cool team building event with the ladies. Athletes don't get to see these kinds of things with their coaches.

Gray and Tom said they expect to be handling the radio broadcast over their phones (SECN doesn't have a mobile production unit they can use.) That tells me I'll likely be listening instead of watching.

I'm wondering if I misunderstood the guys when I was listening to their latest pod. Unless this has been edited, sure looks like I did with the stream tonight.

I enjoy these guys...good pod to listen to each week.

I think it’s interesting that there’s no way to watch the #2 team in the country. However. you can sure watch Texas Southern, Bryant, Drake, Belmont, and etc. playing other SEC teams on ESPN+ and SECN+.

I think it’s interesting that there’s no way to watch the #2 team in the country. However. you can sure watch Texas Southern, Bryant, Drake, Belmont, and etc. playing other SEC teams on ESPN+ and SECN+.
It's worse than what you've seen.

I wanted to see if I had the option to watch watch the Gators and found out they are playing in the same tournament as Ole Miss this weekend (not each other) and there's no option there. I knew Florida had James Madison early this season—they were in the WCWS last year—and I'd hoped to see that game. One would think the networks would air a game between a team in the Supers and one in the WCWS last year, ya know?

We're not even listed on the schedule today for either channels.... but you can catch the Longwood vs Miss. St., SF Austin vs LSU, Tenn. St. vs aTm or Bryant vs UGA games. (n):unsure:...... sitting on pins and needles waiting for the start of the Incarnate Word vs Grand Canyon game. 😜

FMd3VW9XIAM2Lpa

YOUNGSVILLE, La. – No. 2 Alabama softball battled chilly weather and strong winds Friday at the Mardi Gras Mambo, earning a 5-2 win over Nicholls before posting a 5-0 shutout against Southeastern Louisiana.

Alabama (12-0) overcame an early 2-1 deficit to Nicholls (2-9) in the opener, responding with four unanswered to take down the Colonels, 5-2. In the nightcap, the Crimson Tide and Southeastern Louisiana (7-3) were scoreless until the fifth inning when Kaylee Tow got things started with a two-run double as Alabama eventually won, 5-0.

Freshman Dallis Goodnight went a combined 4-for-6 on the day with a pair of multi-hit performances to push her season total to a team-leading five multi-hit games. Ten different players earned a hit and eight drove in a run, including a solo home run from Megan Bloodworth. Alex Salter (3-0) got the win against Nicholls with Jaala Torrence throwing 2.2 scoreless relief innings behind her for the save while Montana Fouts (4-0) went the distance against Southeastern Louisiana, striking out 13 in her second shutout of the season.

Highlights vs. Nicholls​

• Alabama scored in the first inning for the 11th time this season
  • Dallis Goodnight went 2-for-3, her fourth multi-hit game
  • Jaala Torrence threw 2.2 scoreless relief innings for her first save of the season, the second of her career
  • Kali Heivilin earned her first career hit, a seventh-inning single
  • Nicholls' early 2-1 lead marked the first time Alabama had trailed at any point this season

Scoring Summary vs. Nicholls​

• T1 | An RBI groundout plated the first run for Alabama (1-0, 1 Out)
  • B1 | Nicholls took the lead on a two-run home run (1-2, 2 Out)
  • T2 | Dallis Goodnight drove in a run on an RBI single (2-2, 2 Out)
  • T3 | Kali Heivilin drew a bases-loaded walk (3-2, 2 Out)
  • T4 | Abby Doerr hit an RBI double down the left field line (4-2, 1 Out)
  • T4 | Bailey Dowling singled through the right side, scoring M'Kay Gidley (5-2, 1 Out)

Highlights vs. Southeastern Louisiana​

• Dallis Goodnight posted another multi-hit game, pushing her season total to five
  • Megan Bloodworth hit her fourth home run of the season, part of a 2-for-4 day that also included a double
  • Kaylee Tow's two-run double extended her current hitting streak to five games
  • Montana Fouts posted her second shutout of the season, the 22nd of her career
  • Fouts also fanned 13 for her fourth double-digit K performance of the season and 32nd of her career

Scoring Summary vs. Southeastern Louisiana​

• T5 | Kaylee Tow broke the scoreless tie with a two-run single (2-0, 1 Out)
  • T6 | Megan Bloodworth hit the first pitch of the inning over the fence (3-0, 0 Out)
  • T6 | Kat Grill laced an RBI double to left center (4-0, 2 Out)
  • T6 | A high popup from KJ Haney fell in between three infielders, allowing a run to score on the RBI double (5-0, 2 Out)

Up Next: Mardi Gras Mambo (Youngsville, La.)​

• Saturday, Feb. 26 vs. Northwestern State – 3 p.m. CT
  • Saturday, Feb. 26 vs. Louisiana Tech – 5 p.m. CT
  • Sunday, Feb. 27 vs. #20/20 Louisiana – 11 a.m. CT

Was looking to see when some of the other teams were playing and discovered there are at least 10 teams there. Four that Bama is not playing are Lipscomb, St. Thomas, Portland State, and Eastern Illinois.

@bamanc50 @PurlJam

Last night I caught Nate making a comment about he'd forgotten how cold open air press boxes were (paraphrased.) My first thought, "where they hell are they then" thinking of the CTSN crew.

Uhhh...damn. It's nice this is a good tournament for them but they certainly aren't equipped to handle it now.

It's as if they're sitting at the state park watching a pick-up.

@Brandon Van de Graaff @doemasters @Kirk Van de Graaff @It Takes Eleven

If you look it appears Tom could be related to someone we know here that has an affinity for Hey Coach.

Back
Top Bottom