| FTBL šŸˆšŸ’Ŗ ~ Alabama Football Spring Camp~ Video and interviews from Thursday's final practice before A-Day

CKD press conferences are definetly going to be different. I would love to understand his "relenteless improvement" comment. What does that look like in action? How do you evaluate where a player or position group is and what needs to be improved and what actions are talked about for that improvement. Looking for how the players are being challenged. A lot of positive talk but who gets in their face and pushes them?

This is petty and not a point to start anything, but just curious. Coach mentions lack of supply for the helmet communication. I wonder if Saban would have dealt with that or been given all he needed?

This is petty and not a point to start anything, but just curious. Coach mentions lack of supply for the helmet communication. I wonder if Saban would have dealt with that or been given all he needed?
I took it as literally, "supply and demand."

The proposalā€’which hasn't been approvedā€’was "published" Friday of last week. Should UA have purchased the equipment thinking, "they might bring this up?" I don't know.

Still. Three days later ...

Notice he also said something about practicing with it in the stadium? Consider this, Casey.

These are three different initials set ups for the system. You know this. It's not a Mattel Walkie-Talkie system being installed. :devilish:

While I don't know the ends and outs that seems like at least two separate systems they'll have to install: one at the practice facility and another at the stadium.

And now we've got what...probably 60 or so schools looking for something they couldn't use last week. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I'd bet if we see it implemented in the fall it's going to cost someone a ball game. Hell, we've seen wired telephone systems in stadiums fail.

I took it as literally, "supply and demand."

The proposalā€’which hasn't been approvedā€’was "published" Friday of last week. Should UA have purchased the equipment thinking, "they might bring this up?" I don't know.

Still. Three days later ...

Notice he also said something about practicing with it in the stadium? Consider this, Casey.

These are three different initials set ups for the system. You know this. It's not a Mattel Walkie-Talkie system being installed. :devilish:

While I don't know the ends and outs that seems like at least two separate systems they'll have to install: one at the practice facility and another at the stadium.

And now we've got what...probably 60 or so schools looking for something they couldn't use last week. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I'd bet if we see it implemented in the fall it's going to cost someone a ball game. Hell, we've seen wired telephone systems in stadiums fail.

No doubt. I'd be interested to learn how it all works.

As college football moves into 2024 spring practice, one of the questions that appeared to be answered was who would be QB1 for Alabama in the fall. But as head coach Kalen DeBoer noted, Jalen Milroe will have to earn the job.

Milroe took the first-team reps when Alabama opened up spring football, but DeBoer is keeping an open mind, of the opinion that competition is always preferable.

"You want competition," DeBoer said after the practice.

"The competition is always going to be there, and yeah someone had to take the first reps today with the ones. We lined up and we referred to them as that, and Jalen did."

DeBoer added: "Heā€™s putting everything into it he can along with the other guys who took those first reps. I fully expect those guys who are really hungry to be pushing those guys who are ahead of them to be their best, and thatā€™s what you want in a football program. Thatā€™s certainly going to be the case here with so many good football players here on the football field."

Milroe returns to Alabama after playing as the No. 1 most of last season except for the USF game. He accounted for 23 passing touchdowns and 12 rushing scores while earning second-team All SEC honors, helping lead the Crimson Tide to the College Football Playoff as SEC champions.

His competition this spring not only includes former 5-star recruit Ty Simpson, but also Dylan Lonergan and former Washington transfer Austin Mack, who originally pledged to DeBoer and the Huskies.

Back
Top Bottom