| GAME THREAD Alabama 42- Duke 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game Notes:

* In opening day games under Saban, Alabama has outscored opponents by an average of 40.5 - 11.8 per game on route to a perfect 12-0

* Saban is 55-7 at Alabama vs non-conference opponents

* Saban has 24 wins against AP Top 5 opponents, an all-time record. Next is Bobby Bowden (18), Barry Switzer (15), Woody Hayes (15), Spurrier (15) and Holtz (15). Six of Saban's wins occurred in CFP

* Saban may break the all time record for wins against Top 25 opponents this year if he gets at least 5 wins which would take him above Joe Paterno who had 86 top 25 wins

* Both of Alabama's coordinators, Golding & Sarkisian, will be on the field for games. The only coaches in the press box will be Charles Huff, Charles Kelly & Sal Sunseri

* Since the 2008 season Alabama has been in the hunt for the National Championship for EVERY regular season game except the last three in 2010. That's 129 of the last 132 games. Amazing statistic.

* Since 2008, Alabama has 139 wins followed by Ohio State with 125, Boise St with 121, Clemson with 119, & Oklahoma with 117. During that time the Tide has had four 14 win seasons and two 13 win seasons. Only in 2010 and 2013 did the Tide fail to win 12 games.

* Both of Alabama's coordinators, Golding & Sarkisian, will be on the field for games. The only coaches in the press box will be Charles Huff, Charles Kelly & Sal Sunseri

Who will be the guy in the box spotting for Golding to make last minute calls? Kelly or Sunseri? Both?

I think on another thread we had discussed ticket prices (how expensive the Duke ticket was if you added to your package, etc.). I'd been watching ticket prices for the last month on stubhub, and they really started falling over the last four days. This week, inventory started to fall as well, 5,400 tix available on Monday; 5,000, Tues; 4,600 last night and 3,900 right now. Got two last night in the mezzanine even with the goal line for $47 each, including fees. Could've saved a little more today, but didn't want to lose a ticket over 10 or 15 bucks. I think my package ticket would have been over $200 and it would've been upper deck. Overall, a good decision not to pay UA face for it.

RTR,

Tim

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom