| FTBL ABC #1 logic....

bamafan4ever

Staff
First, the ABC talking heads covered the close games with Oklahoma and Penn St. by saying, "don't worry about style, just win...just win". Then Craig James was asked that if Texas was beaten tonight, who would you put as #1 and James said, without hesitation, "Penn St! They have faced their first real challenge today and handled it so well". Flutie agreed and started rattling off all of Penn State's impressive stats for the season.

Um, excuse me but didn't Meechigan get beat by Toledo last week? That's a challenge? Oy vay. Not that it matters but bias is such a nasty thing with these guys.

bamafan4ever said:
First, the ABC talking heads covered the close games with Oklahoma and Penn St. by saying, "don't worry about style, just win...just win". Then Craig James was asked that if Texas was beaten tonight, who would you put as #1 and James said, without hesitation, "Penn St! They have faced their first real challenge today and handled it so well". Flutie agreed and started rattling off all of Penn State's impressive stats for the season.

Um, excuse me but didn't Meechigan get beat by Toledo last week? That's a challenge? Oy vay. Not that it matters but bias is such a nasty thing with these guys.

T-love, this reply is not so much a response to your comment as it is an additional remark.

Dang, it only October. Lot of football to be played. Forget about the talking heads and let the rankings settle out on the field.

These yahoos spout off stuff to keep things controversial and to entice folks to tune in.

bear facts said:
bamafan4ever said:

T-love, this reply is not so much a response to your comment as it is an additional remark.

Dang, it only October. Lot of football to be played. Forget about the talking heads and let the rankings settle out on the field.

These yahoos spout off stuff to keep things controversial and to entice folks to tune in.

I agree Factor and you are so right it's just the crap that spews from their mouth makes absolutely no sense to me.

bamafan4ever said:
bear facts said:
bamafan4ever said:

I agree Factor and you are so right it's just the crap that spews from their mouth makes absolutely no sense to me.

Man, they've got to keep the uninformed media (sportswriters/voters who don't really follow the SEC or watch enough to know), along with the USC and OSU fan bases, thinking that those/their football teams are still far superior. It's all about money and tv ratings. They want the bigger television markets tuned in.

All we have to do is keep winning and things will take care of itself, much like we did in '92.

Back
Top Bottom