| FTBL 45 catches, 553 yards (42.5 YPG), and 4 TD's...

I

imported_Porter

Those numbers belonged to Fresno St.'s starting tight end last season. Me thinks Nick Walker, Travis McCall, Preston Dial, and Chris Underwood will enjoy this offense.

I'm looking forward to seeing the TE position finally being utlized. Don't be surprised if it becomes a special weapon before the season is done. :wink:

Porter said:
Those numbers belonged to Fresno St.'s starting tight end last season. Me thinks Nick Walker, Travis McCall, Preston Dial, and Chris Underwood will enjoy this offense.

I would love to see the TE position used more downfield esp. in the redzone. Let's hope they have a good year and it could open up some one on one coverage for our WR.

Sounds about right. Just enough to cause the Defense to have to address the TE, but not so much that you don't bet the benefits of him as a blocker.

You know the funny thing is that in CMA's offense last year, we started using the TEs more than ever and then quit throwing them the ball. It was frustrating watching JPW not look for them more instead of trying to force the ball to covered WRs.

CJM will make sure that the big hosses have that pigskin, I just know it!!!

One of my favorite players ever was Terry Jones Jr. I loved seeing him rumble down the field. I am all for the TE's getting involved.

Porter said:

Over 12 yards per reception... wow!!!

If so an added side benefit would finally be keeping the opposing defenses honest with the blitzing DBs.

It sure is tricky when you put your TE out for a pass when the defense is blitzing....I'm no expert but i hope that J.P. gets rid of the ball quicker and we choose to leave a RB to block....either way i just don't want to see Laron Landry coming throught he line a killing our QB...or whoever it is blitzing.....that is just the mental thought i have and it pisses me off thinking about it :evil:

EABAMA said:
It sure is tricky when you put your TE out for a pass when the defense is blitzing....I'm no expert but i hope that J.P. gets rid of the ball quicker and we choose to leave a RB to block....either way i just don't want to see Laron Landry coming throught he line a killing our QB...or whoever it is blitzing.....that is just the mental thought i have and it pisses me off thinking about it :evil:

Good point. Having running backs with size and nasty attitudes can help free up our TE, and put a blitzing defender's head on a swivel.

It Takes Eleven said:
EABAMA said:

Good point. Having running backs with size and nasty attitudes can help free up our TE, and put a blitzing defender's head on a swivel.

All of this is assuming that JPW (whom I support all the way) can learn to put his head on a swivel and check down on his routes. The boy has decent and improving pocket sense in as much as he can at least feel the pressure comming and try to get away. If he is going to have more active TE targets then he will need to improve his ability to recognize more than one route at a time....you know...have that instinctual awareness of his timing and their placement.

Does anyone else here thing that the above issue is as much a result of the fact that he is in an ever-changing offense or is it something more fundamental?

Back
Top Bottom