| RECRUIT šŸˆ 2024 Transfer Portal Thread - DB DaShawn Jones has Committed to Alabama

Itā€™s a little bit bass ackwards. You donā€™t enter SEAL training from the outside world. First you join the Navy (if heā€™s graduated he could go through officer candidate school). Once youā€™ve entered the service, you can apply for SEAL training. However, that process includes many steps which could last up to two years.

I wish him well.
Yeah I knew this, but his ā€œgoalā€ is what I meant. I know several former SEALā€™s here in the cola. Quite a few retire and continue business affairs here.

The media is reporting it the same way. Heā€™s leaving college and POOF heā€™ll be a SEAL.
@OldPlayer is correct. You have to be in first and if Iā€™m not mistaken( which is entirely possible) be nominated or recommended by a superior officer or officers. Canā€™t be older than 28 or possibly get a waiver for 29 but rare. So, either the young man has been told incorrect information or he just got it wrong.

@OldPlayer is correct. You have to be in first and if Iā€™m not mistaken( which is entirely possible) be nominated or recommended by a superior officer or officers. Canā€™t be older than 28 or possibly get a waiver for 29 but rare. So, either the young man has been told incorrect information or he just got it wrong.
He may have a ā€œsponserā€. Not saying this can make him a seal.
Talked to my son, his ex-girlfriend got a sponser and went through advanced army sniper school and aerial marine sniper school. Sheā€™s not even in the military, but has powerful parents $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ā€¦..
(Dad represents Barrett & berretta usa)
(Moms a multimillion $$ realtor)

You have to be in first, but you donā€™t have to be recommended. You sign the contract to go to BUDs then when the time comes youā€™re goven a BUDs billet and off you go. My vetā€™s husband was a SEAL until two years ago, the stories man

It's funny to watch coaches who are getting paid 2-3$ million pay QBs $1-2 million just to transfer, not for the year, but just to transfer to their schools. Hell, they probably send the kid a $50,000 check just to pick-up the phone and chat right now to get their attention.

Looked at the highlights of this guy, he's highly rated at on3 composite and he's definitely got some good qualities. Has some good speed and has good body control while in the air with some excellent hands and seemingly good at finding gaps in coverage. Probably going to be a hot commodity this year for him.

Does anyone know if recruiting staffs are now being expected to watch film and take notes on portal entrees too, in addition to high school recruits???????? Jesus, evaluating will most definitely be never ending!

Does anyone know if recruiting staffs are now being expected to watch film and take notes on portal entrees too, in addition to high school recruits???????? Jesus, evaluating will most definitely be never ending!
Yes. I know. :devilish:

I don't know who is in charge of the department today. I do know there is a department that evaluates portal entries. When Sal left his on the field role at Bama that was one of his primary responsibilities.

Back
Top Bottom