| RECRUIT šŸˆ 2024 Transfer Portal Thread - DB DaShawn Jones has Committed to Alabama

Downs was and is a stud. Not downplaying other players who came aboard but we need to be honest with ourselves about that cat. How much will it impact us? We shall see. Hopefully not much.

Played well, but also gave up a lot deep. Second game, but the Texas game he was abused. He was great coming into the box and making plays. We will miss Terrion and the idea that we son't want to throw towards Kool-Aid more than anything.

Coach is doing wonderful. I donā€™t grade on a curve, so there doesnā€™t have to be a A+ in my system. Heā€™s close.

I donā€™t think I overvalue Downs. Heā€™ll likely be All American the next 2 seasons, or should be. Will we have an an All American on the back end? I donā€™t know, maybe we will. He got burned some, no doubt, more early in the season but he was a true Freshman. Texas was his second game at the college level and Texas had 2 WRs drafted in the first 52 picks of the draft. So I wouldnā€™t grade too hard on his second game against that talent. But just my opinion.

Feels like a bit of wishcasting going on in re: to Downs. The kid is a stud. It would pretty much take a career altering injury or for him to become completely disengaged mentally from football for his trajectory to change.
Agreed.. I can't remember if it was Terrion Arnold or Kool-Aid, but during the year one of them (I think it was Arnold) did weekly interviews with The Round Table in B'ham. During the course of interviews and just arbitrary questions, something came up about rolling with team mates and doing certain things and about their personalities. Arnold talked about Downs and how he was the quintessential Saban player with his mindset and mentality. Each play has a life of it's own. When it is over, there is nothing you can do about it. Get up and make the next play. Said that Downs personified that and would say stuff like that, whether it was a good play or a bad play.......on to the next.

Back
Top Bottom