| RECRUIT šŸˆ 2024 Transfer Portal Thread - DB DaShawn Jones has Committed to Alabama

If we are lucky, Ty wins outā€¦ I think he has a better future as a ā€œQBā€ than Milroeā€¦ Milroe is an athlete that has a very good armā€¦ but not a QB mind, yet.
A month or so ago I started a thread forecasting we'd see Milroe in NYC for the Heisman trophy next season. I stand by that even with the coaching change.

There are two things separated Penix over Jalen this past season: the number of TD's and total yards (season and per game average.) When it comes to completion percentage? It's practically the same: Jalen with a slight lead. That same goes for yard per attempt. TD to INT? About the same. QBR? Jalen, again.

It's a new offense; one where the OC/QB coach and HC have worked with a QB that's virtually the same type of player. EXCEPT, Jalen is a better runner.

There's a reason I said this:
The same thing it is today: literally.
Who do you think is leading that locker room right now? I believe they'll go with Jalen next year and then we'll see him head to the league.
When you need a QB to throw darts and make critical decisions against championship level teams, he is not there yet.
I want you to consider something else.

If you have the time look over the passing routes I've mentioned a few times. They head to green spaces: an area where you don't need a QB to throw darts. In a broader sense, it's a lot like Kiffin and Blake Sims, Sark's routes worked in, in an offense that looks quite a bit like UT's.

This isn't like BoB where the QB threw a receiver open. It's not like Rees where he needed a little time for routes to develop. No pun intended, but this is a flood type offense.

I'm not making a comparison between the two players here. My inclination is we'll see numbers out of Jalen that look a lot like what we saw out of AJ in 2012. We'll likely see a few more INT's: what did he have, three? I'll also say we'll likely see more yards. I do see him throwing for 30 or more TD's next season.

A month or so ago I started a thread forecasting we'd see Milroe in NYC for the Heisman trophy next season. I stand by that even with the coaching change.

There are two things separated Penix over Jalen this past season: the number of TD's and total yards (season and per game average.) When it comes to completion percentage? It's practically the same: Jalen with a slight lead. That same goes for yard per attempt. TD to INT? About the same. QBR? Jalen, again.

It's a new offense; one where the OC/QB coach and HC have worked with a QB that's virtually the same type of player. EXCEPT, Jalen is a better runner.

There's a reason I said this:

Who do you think is leading that locker room right now? I believe they'll go with Jalen next year and then we'll see him head to the league.

I want you to consider something else.

If you have the time look over the passing routes I've mentioned a few times. They head to green spaces: an area where you don't need a QB to throw darts. In a broader sense, it's a lot like Kiffin and Blake Sims, Sark's routes worked in, in an offense that looks quite a bit like UT's.

This isn't like BoB where the QB threw a receiver open. It's not like Rees where he needed a little time for routes to develop. No pun intended, but this is a flood type offense.

I'm not making a comparison between the two players here. My inclination is we'll see numbers out of Jalen that look a lot like what we saw out of AJ in 2012. We'll likely see a few more INT's: what did he have, three? I'll also say we'll likely see more yards. I do see him throwing for 30 or more TD's next season.
My inclination is we'll see numbers out of Jalen

Please take my glasses and take another look

Absolutely. We saw it against Michigan. Jam and Haynes running hard, productive in the 1st half...and then back to #2 and #5.
I donā€™t think youā€™re being fair to the kid in that game! The whole team didnā€™t play as well as they did against jawja and they had to take us to ot to win. I didnā€™t say beat us because they didnā€™t. We beat ourselves.

Back
Top Bottom