| BSB/SB šŸ„Ž 2024 T-Mobile Crimson Classic: Tide goes 3-1 in Crimson Classic capped off with two wins over top ten Arizona.

The Crimson Tide shut out the Wildcats for its second ranked win in as many games

TUSCALOOSA, Ala.
ā€“ Alabama softball split a pair of close contests Saturday at the T-Mobile Crimson Classic, taking its first loss of the season to South Alabama, 2-0, before bouncing back with a 1-0 shutout over 19th-ranked Arizona.

Alabama (19-1) could not get the bats going in a 2-0 loss to South Alabama (12-5) but a solo home run from Marlie Giles proved enough against Arizona (16-3), as the pitching and defense held the Wildcats at bay for the Crimson Tide's second win over the ranked Pac-12 foe this weekend. Jaala Torrence (7-1) was the pitcher of record in both games, while Kayla Beaver secured the final two outs of the game against Arizona to earn her third save of the season.

From Head Coach Patrick Murphy

"There was some good pitching today by us and both of our opponents. I have to give all the credit in the world to [South Alabama pitcher] Olivia Lackey. She's one of the few pitchers that has come in here and beat us twice, so I tip my cap to her. We just didn't make enough adjustments against her in the first game and South Alabama took advantage of our mistakes. The second game was a good, old-fashioned pitcher's duel. Jaala Torrence was terrific as the starter, Alea Johnson did her job as a reliever and Kayla Beaver came in to close and did exactly what we wanted her to do."

This isn't worth a new thread, but figured I'd throw it in here... Been keeping an eye on OU and Texas softball a little more this year since they are about to be in the SEC... OU is either sandbagging a little (which I highly doubt), ot they are a bit more gettable this season. Meanwhile, the Longhorns are looking really strong. The Sooners have a 3 game series in Austin in early April that should be incredible.

This isn't worth a new thread, but figured I'd throw it in here... Been keeping an eye on OU
I've been out biking while listening to the baseball game. I noticed a SUV sporting an OU tag coming down a street that runs parallel to my house .

"That just rang different" ... literally, said to myself.

SEC vehicle tags stick out to me. Each brings out a different emotion. It's the equivalent of "spidey-sense." That's a new feeling seeing an OU tag.

This isn't worth a new thread, but figured I'd throw it in here... Been keeping an eye on OU and Texas softball a little more this year since they are about to be in the SEC... OU is either sandbagging a little (which I highly doubt), ot they are a bit more gettable this season. Meanwhile, the Longhorns are looking really strong. The Sooners have a 3 game series in Austin in early April that should be incredible.
Took that L at home. UL is a solid program.

Oklahoma lost a record setting bat. Hard to replace that.

Back
Top Bottom