| MBB/WBB đźŹ† 2023 SEC Basketball Tournament:

Problem is, on the other end we're getting called for ticky tack reach in fouls at the same time as we're dealing with getting shoved around whenever we try to set a screen the Mizzou defender is shoving our guys into the screen.

No disagreement here. Brown is averaging 1 foul every 2 possessions, but has only been called for 3.

Griffen finally doing some cutting to the rim and getting some good assists. A few boneheaded turnovers though kind of erase some of that. Need to be better, make the quick outlet pass in those situations and we would've had more points right now.

Gritty win. Defense came to play and had enough shots fall. Improved on turnovers and shooting in the 2nd half. Clowney and Miller the difference in the game on offense. Probably the best defensive game for Miller. He had several blocks and rebounds. Also had the ball in his hands a lot.

These interviewers cannot talk to Miller w/o some back hand comment about the off the field situation. Common Marty you are better than that.

What's up with Sears? He can't hit water if he's standing at the bottom of the ocean. He needs to quit shooting 3's. Lord have mercy

IMO, he's in a slump that has started to creep into his head. But, he's a guy that got Bama where they are at, and he's a guy that is more than likely going to have to have a positive impact if Bama wants to go to the Final 4... so he's going to have to find his confidence, and his shot, pretty quick. Going and finding a 200 lb. slump buster to get himself recalibrated Mark Grace style might be worth a shot.

I'm not as worried about Sears as I am Griffen still, we need the depth scoring from people like him and today he finally got some confidence with the assists, but then made more mistakes. I think Sears will be fine, he's just slumping the last two games.

IMO, he's in a slump that has started to creep into his head. But, he's a guy that got Bama where they are at, and he's a guy that is more than likely going to have to have a positive impact if Bama wants to go to the Final 4... so he's going to have to find his confidence, and his shot, pretty quick. Going and finding a 200 lb. slump buster to get himself recalibrated Mark Grace style might be worth a shot.
Yeah I think how deep this team goes is going to come down to the play of Quinerly, Griffen, Bradley and Sears. Miller, Clowney and Bediako are being pretty consistent. Gotta get one or two more playing that way on offense.

Was good to see Gurley get in and bring some stability to the team when he was out there. His experience may be another key when things get tight. After yesterday thought we were going to get that experience play from Quinerly now that it is tournament time but he did not play well today. There is always tomorrow!!!

Last edited:
Alabama continues to win and chase a top seeding in the NCAA Tournament despite a season that has been challenging. Former Tide player Darius Miles and another man were indicted earlier this week on capital murder charges for the January shooting death of 23-year-old Jamea Harris.

In February, an investigator testified that Miles texted Miller to bring him his gun. Police also said that Jaden Bradley also was at the scene. Neither Miller nor Bradley have been charged, and both have been playing — Miller, especially.

This from the AP writers in conjunction with ESPN on the recap. They continue to beat that dead horse!!! 🤬

What he's getting "in his ears" isn't helping.

What's Mark? 170-175 lbs wet? 200 lb. "buster," Mark Grace style, might leave them with only two guards.

Alabama continues to win and chase a top seeding in the NCAA Tournament despite a season that has been challenging. Former Tide player Darius Miles and another man were indicted earlier this week on capital murder charges for the January shooting death of 23-year-old Jamea Harris.

In February, an investigator testified that Miles texted Miller to bring him his gun. Police also said that Jaden Bradley also was at the scene. Neither Miller nor Bradley have been charged, and both have been playing — Miller, especially.

This from the AP writers in conjunction with ESPN on the recap. They continue to beat that dead horse!!! 🤬
Yep they are going to and it is relentless in the press conferences. I think Bama admin needs to figure out how to manage it. Do not make Miller available. That is what I would do. Not sure if it would make it better or worse but I would try something.

I know he has said Bama is the best in the country but he just jumped on the attack Bama bandwagon for how they handled the off the field stuff. Never be fooled by a Barner or Vile, they will always pounce on Bama given the slightest opportunity. I guess you could say Bama people do the same...

Easily could say that. How many people on this board have said the PR team failed Oats and the team. So Sir Charles may not be wrong in how it was handled.

Saturday, March 11​

FINAL12T

25 Missouri

(24-9, 11-7 SEC)

4 Alabama

(28-5, 16-2 SEC)
SEC Tournament - Semifinal
Bridgestone Arena - Nashville, TN

Game Leaders​

D. Hodge G21 PTS, 9 REB, 2 AST
B. Miller F20 PTS, 12 REB, 4 AST

FINAL12T