| OT Which on will have the higher Preseason AP ranking for 2024: Bama Football -or- Bama Basketball?

Expect basketball to be ranked higher to open the season. Expectations will DEFINITELY be higher for basketball as well. Most fans glean over football and look at new staff and roster changes and quickly assume a down season. I don’t think that way though!
Lost 50 ofthe guys that were on last years team.... football....

10 to draft..

Several others signed free agency....contracts to nfl teams...

On paper...team Looks pretty good...
But
Thats a lot of changes...

One thing we've talked about for years is experience winning in the NCAA's: both sports if you remember. That is a legitimate concern if you are facing a team that has that advantage.

We still don't know how the roster is going to shake out with two guys having question marks about their return. However, if they do ...

We are looking at a roster that could easily start five, fifth year guys. In light of the last commitment, we're looking at a 5th year guy being backed up by a 5 star guy.

I don't know if you are familiar with Jimmy Stein (On3 guy, one of the hosts of "Locked on Bama.) While I didn't see it, he said he'd seen rankings where the second team would rank in the top 20. 🤷‍♂️ Now, Jimmy can be given to the hyperbolic side of being a fan. But, I don't doubt he saw that.

My biggest question is "does he 'shirt one of these guys." I can see all 12/13 getting game time this upcoming season.
Terry, that is one of the program I watch.

One thing we've talked about for years is experience winning in the NCAA's: both sports if you remember. That is a legitimate concern if you are facing a team that has that advantage.

We still don't know how the roster is going to shake out with two guys having question marks about their return. However, if they do ...

We are looking at a roster that could easily start five, fifth year guys. In light of the last commitment, we're looking at a 5th year guy being backed up by a 5 star guy.

I don't know if you are familiar with Jimmy Stein (On3 guy, one of the hosts of "Locked on Bama.) While I didn't see it, he said he'd seen rankings where the second team would rank in the top 20. 🤷‍♂️ Now, Jimmy can be given to the hyperbolic side of being a fan. But, I don't doubt he saw that.

My biggest question is "does he 'shirt one of these guys." I can see all 12/13 getting game time this upcoming season.
Seems like this is aligning with a growing pain year for football like I have been saying. New staff, new system... The thread on early lines itself that this is not business as usual for Bama. Expectations a being favored in most games certainly at home are different. Year 1 not surprised, now if this is year 2 or 3 and it continues that would be a concern at least for me.

On basketball front, the defense will dictate what this team accomplishes this year, Hopefully the big guy in the middle is the answer to the D and inside woes we say this year,

Seems like this is aligning with a growing pain year for football like I have been saying. New staff, new system... The thread on early lines itself that this is not business as usual for Bama. Expectations a being favored in most games certainly at home are different. Year 1 not surprised, now if this is year 2 or 3 and it continues that would be a concern at least for me.
Essentially, the team has changed coordinators. The scheme, while different, still features the same guys we'd have seen under Saban and his staff.

What I've seen is when the team changes OC's fans expect improvement: but now, they don't?

If DeBoer has taken over programs and there hasn't been a drop off, we've seen improvement with some, why should we expect to see a drop off when there's nothing to support there will be? This "theory" doesn't make sense.
On basketball front, the defense will dictate what this team accomplishes this year, Hopefully the big guy in the middle is the answer to the D and inside woes we say this year,
With four at 6'11" in the front court it's now "they have a big guy." I'm not in this boat.

Back
Top Bottom