| RECRUIT Bama going after grad transfer QB?

I have no idea who that person is (or don't remember) or why he decided to quote me from five years ago to talk sh*t to me lol
You don't remember. When he closed down his forum several of the members of his site migrated over here. Ken may come across as a little terse at times but he's a good Bama fans: to the core. I've talked with him several times on the phone over the years. Good guy.
I'm very confused.
I didn't get the comment. @ElephantStomp care to explain this a bit more?

You don't remember. When he closed down his forum several of the members of his site migrated over here. Ken may come across as a little terse at times but he's a good Bama fans: to the core. I've talked with him several times on the phone over the years. Good guy.

I would imagine it would be the personal stuff shared about family health.

I would imagine it would be the personal stuff shared about family health.
I don't think so. But, I don't know what the reference was pointing towards.

@JoshB can speak to this...by my recollection, the only time there have been some tense moments on the forum with Josh was during the early months of Covid and our discussion on vax or no vax. There were arguments about death tolls, etc.

However, I picture Josh as the kind that isn't as thin skinned as some tend to be. Josh hasn't been one that throws shit at the wall and watches to see if it sticks. The "kinship" here? Yeah, I'm confused.

While Josh and Stomp are on the "same side of the aisle," they don't look at things the same way.

I was meaning Josh probably hasn’t been on here because of personal health stuff. Somebody said something about a comment and somebody else said he isn’t on here much and something

I was meaning Josh probably hasn’t been on here because of personal health stuff. Somebody said something about a comment and somebody else said he isn’t on here much and something
Oh, okay. Was it you that said something about "sending thoughts" and I asked‒in my normal smart ass manner‒"how to do you send thoughts?" Versus, say, keeping one in their prayers (which I have an issue with, but that's another story.)

He's not as active now as he used to be. If I'm not mistaken, he's also covering another football program, Troy, maybe? Anyway, that coverage/writing takes away from "goofing off time" like we do here.

Life changes peoples habits...look at @psychojoe as an example

Oh, okay. Was it you that said something about "sending thoughts" and I asked‒in my normal smart ass manner‒"how to do you send thoughts?" Versus, say, keeping one in their prayers (which I have an issue with, but that's another story.)

He's not as active now as he used to be. If I'm not mistaken, he's also covering another football program, Troy, maybe? Anyway, that coverage/writing takes away from "goofing off time" like we do here.

It could’ve been me that said sending thoughts. Not sure how one sends thoughts, but I don’t pray, so I’ve always felt if I say “keeping you in my prayers” or “I’m praying for you” is a lie.

That’d definitely keep a person busy

The skeptic side of my personality reads comments like those as ... almost a "knee jerk" reaction. I've said such. BUT, when I said that I did it immediately.

Agnostic? Atheist?
I’m honestly not sure. Could there be a god? Yes there could be, but I’ve not seen anything that would lead me to believe that there is, but I think atheism is a bit close minded

Yes there could be, but I’ve not seen anything that would lead me to believe that there is,
Two decades ago I was writing curriculum for a church: pre school services for 2-5 year olds. Three services over the weekend that I "MC'd," 550-600 kids in those three services. For lack of a better expression, it was "Disney meets God." Costumes, puppets, skits...

Anyway, I'm sure you've seen religious programming where people were "slain by the spirit." There was a pastor from Australia that visited one week and it happened to me. He said, "have a drink of the Holy Spirit" and with a wave I was thrown back 8-9'. I literally saw a lady with a knee problem have her leg grow, then retreat back into place. LITERALLY saw it happen. Same night I saw a 5 year old girl who had worn a back brace all her life...come out of it. A guy with diagnosed cancer that wasn't there after that "prayer meeting."

I don't think you'll find a "church goer" who agrees with how I live my life. "Free will" doesn't mean the same to some as it does others. However, you won't find me disagreeing with the way they live their lives. I've seen and experienced enough to believe.

Yes, I cover Troy (and the local high schools here). So, all the medical stuff combined with trying to be as normal as possible with work (and spend time with family as much as I can) makes it where I can't really do as much "fun stuff" outside of that. This has probably been the least amount of time I've ever dedicated to Alabama (watching games, reading stuff, talking to people, etc.) in my adult life.

As far as the other guy, I don't remember ever having a back-and-forth (negative or otherwise) with him, so I dont know what I did to piss him off, let alone why it would come up in a 5-year old thread about the GOAT (Jalen) and Tua lol I guess I'm sorry if I said some foul shit to you? lol

The God topic coming up is kind of intersting, though. I've also kind of considered myself agnostic (like IDK what the answer is) and going through some of the things we've gone through the last couple of years can make you very bitter about that kind of stuff. I get people that tell me that they are praying for me every single day and actually cards from churchs and church groups of people I've never met, so that stuff definitely has made me think about things differently. Even if I don't "believe" or am not sure, I've found myself praying (almost begging) at differnet times whether it was because of just pain or other side effects I've been dealing with.

Back
Top Bottom