| RECRUIT šŸˆ 2024 Transfer Portal Thread - DB DaShawn Jones has Committed to Alabama

That's a big pickup. After losing Brockemeyer we needed some utility linemen that could man multiple positions. Deboer is doing a great job filling positions of need. I feel better about the OL and the secondary, and those were really the only positions where depth was a problem. And kicker. Picking up that kicker to replace Reichard was huge.

Dabo's comments this week about HS players basically being portal players was dumb, but despite his pretty much indefensible position that he's staked out on his little no transfers hill, he's not wrong about the fact that that most transfers are not good enough to play for his team.
Maybe so, BUT, you donā€™t shoot yourself in the foot by putting that out there in national media.

Dabo's comments this week about HS players basically being portal players was dumb, but despite his pretty much indefensible position that he's staked out on his little no transfers hill, he's not wrong about the fact that that most transfers are not good enough to play for his team.
There are probably 5-10 of them that are and might be the difference in a good versus great season if he would bring them in.

I am more of a Dabo fan than a lot on here mainly because he has won at a high level and is an ex-Bama player. Maybe not as much of a fan as 50+ :). I do think this is an area he is making a poor decision on.

Last edited:
Dabo is just trying to make his program as desirable as he can on the high school level..He has it in his head that he can build a team of veterans that win big every three to four yearsā€¦kind of like the last championship years..and he has his pride.. he doesnā€™t want to eat his words..

Maybe so, BUT, you donā€™t shoot yourself in the foot by putting that out there in national media.

IMO, he shoots himself in the foot enough, this won't even register... other than with people that just jump on anything and everything he says regardless. BUT, his insistence on not taking portal guys is just him sitting on an unfortified hill with zero defenses. That whole thing is dumb.

Back
Top Bottom