| FTBL You make the call

Assuming the bowl picture does not change, who would you rather see Bama play and why?

• Total voters
I

imported_porkchop

Okay gang, there's been some debate over which bowl Bama goes to and who would like to see them go where. If given the choice which would you prefer?

Peach vs GaTech or Cotton vs TTech.

Give me a reason why you would prefer Bama play one or the other team.

I voted cotton vs. Texas Tech.

I think the cotton is just thought of as more prestigious than the peach. Plus, I would rather see the Bama/Texas Tech matchup.

Almost everyone who reads my last useless fact will try to lick their elbow.

Okay, this is my opinion on the matter.

I want to go to a bowl game and I want us to win. I'm not content with us merely showing up. We did that last year. I want Shula and the team to get 10 wins on the season.

Think about that for a minute! That is huge! Who could possibly argue that 10 wins would have to be considered an amazing culmination to a 2005?

I want to win 10 and I am going on the record and saying that we would match up better, and have a better shot at a win, if we played Texas Tech. In my humble opinion anyway.

Why? They simply don't have the defense that GaTech does and given the way our offense is performing we don't need to see any part of Georgia Tech. No way no how! I would much rather take my chances against "all offense, no defense" Texas Tech.

And considering the point totals in some of TT's games I would say a defense like Bama's would give them a lot of trouble. Against the better defenses they've lined up against they've had some trouble scoring points. 23 against OKL, 17 against OK State and Texas, and they only put up 28 against Baylor. Against KU, a team with a fairly good defense, they scored 30.

If we were to play TT and keep them to around 14-24 points we should win, given that their defense is not very strong.

In my opinion, if we lined up against GTech we would see a repeat of the Iron Bowl. I would imagine seeing Brodie sacked atleast 6-8 times and possibly have multiple int's. Their defense is just killer on the blitz packages and our line needs no part of that.

Sorry if this comes across with a defeatist tone to it, because I don't intend for it to, but I'm trying to be realistic here too. I would much rather put Brodie up against a TT defense at this point.

That's just me. What do y'all think?

porkchop said:

I want to go to a bowl game and I want us to win. I'm not content with us merely showing up. We did that last year. I want Shula and the team to get 10 wins on the season.

Think about that for a minute! That is huge! Who could possibly argue that 10 wins would have to be considered an amazing culmination to a 2005?

I want to win 10 and I am going on the record and saying that we would match up better, and have a better shot at a win, if we played Texas Tech. In my humble opinion anyway.

Why? They simply don't have the defense that GaTech does and given the way our offense is performing we don't need to see any part of Georgia Tech. No way no how! I would much rather take my chances against "all offense, no defense" Texas Tech.

And considering the point totals in some of TT's games I would say a defense like Bama's would give them a lot of trouble. Against the better defenses they've lined up against they've had some trouble scoring points. 23 against OKL, 17 against OK State and Texas, and they only put up 28 against Baylor. Against KU, a team with a fairly good defense, they scored 30.

If we were to play TT and keep them to around 14-24 points we should win, given that their defense is not very strong.

In my opinion, if we lined up against GTech we would see a repeat of the Iron Bowl. I would imagine seeing Brodie sacked atleast 6-8 times and possibly have multiple int's. Their defense is just killer on the blitz packages and our line needs no part of that.

Sorry if this comes across with a defeatist tone to it, because I don't intend for it to, but I'm trying to be realistic here too. I would much rather put Brodie up against a TT defense at this point.

Dude....... ;w;w

An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

Chop, you stole a lot of my thunder.

I want the Cotton against T Tech. I have long been hoping one of those pass happy high scoring O's would have to face the baddest mofo D in the country! Bama's D would shut these punks down. All we would need out of the O is a couple of TD's...tops.

Plus, the Cotton Bowl is only a 6hr drive for me. :D

porkchop said:

dude, you really must be my brother from another mother. once again, you express my sentiments virtually verbatim.

i want no part of GaTech and their defense right now. i'd much rather take my chance with a high scoring offensive team with our defense.

I voted GATECH. and here's why....

1. Beat GaTech and get some respect back.

2. Beat a Texas Tech and it is no big deal

3. Has our secondary been all that great against high powered passing offenses?

BAMAFSTBACK said:
Has our secondary been all that great against high powered passing offenses?

i'd say so. notice the huge gaps between us and the rest of the SEC.

PASS DEFENSE EFFICIENCY
1. LSU 94.0
2. Bama 97.0
3. UGA 106.7

PASS DEFENSE
1. Bama 154.8
2. S.Car 176.1
3. UGA 177.4

TOTAL DEFENSE
1. Bama 248.4
2. LSU 282.5
3. UF 285.4

honestly, i don't see another defense in the country i'd rather have than our own. i would have loved seeing us have a chance to play SoCal with a healthy Prothro and Closner. we would have come as close as anyone to beating them. that's right, i said it.

I voted Cotton. Read chop's and musso's post for the reason.

(Okay, I don't mind thinking along the same lines as musso, but the fact that me& chop were thinking alike scares the heck out me)

:shock:

:D

I voted Cotton Bowl. I think our defense matches up better with Texas Tech, and a fast qb like Ball scares the dickens out of me. Plus, the Cotton Bowl is a better bowl in my opinion.

the only problem I have with those defensive stats is it doesn't take into account who your playing. If we were to play some high school teams and stop there passing game we would get just as much credit as if we stopped USC! Besides if we lose to TT then I have to hear from these Big XII morons for a long time! :evil:

Back
Top Bottom