| OT You cord cutters...I've got a client that is this close to launching an IPTV for streaming TV. Proceeds coming back here for support/cost ...

FWIW, a company I passed on had over 200 channels of sports; UFC, Boxing, SECN, all your ESPN's, PAC channels...

No promises ... still looking at cost factors.

As long as you get the ESPN's....I would be game. I use sling, but only during football season. The rest of the year, antennae, netflix, and amazon for my TV.
That's my main goal; cheaper sports programming. However, it also includes a lot more. It's crazy how entertainment can be provided depending on which country it's coming from.

What's even more interesting is how these companies are farming out contracting/marketing because they don't want to deal with people. Literally.

We have deals signed with Verizon on cell coverage and Xfinity on the Internet. Granted it's a lot of secondary financing in the auto industry in the sense people wont get that $100 prepaid card. BUT, it's a few bucks cheaper every month.

TV streaming is following the same lines as the phone industry...getting broken up quickly.

TV streaming is following the same lines as the phone industry...getting broken up quickly.
Only problem, pricing isn't going down.......when people started cord cutting it was cheap. Most all of it has gone the way of cable and keeps creeping up in price. . I suspect with more and more competition that it will start to go down, but I haven't seen it yet.

I'm surprised ESPN hasn't come out under the Disney/ABC parent and offered streaming for just their services. I bet they could make a killing with an ESPN only stream for $20 a month. Maybe bundle with Disney for folks with kids.....or some other add on.

Only problem, pricing isn't going down.......when people started cord cutting it was cheap. Most all of it has gone the way of cable and keeps creeping up in price. . I suspect with more and more competition that it will start to go down, but I haven't seen it yet
And here is where it REALLY gets interesting. Server space, licensing, etc. is cheaper overseas. The last time I looked Hulu was running at 65 a month and if this works out, IF, we're looking at about 10X the number of channels at about 60% of the cost. Again, IF this works out...the site here should be self sustaining going with RTBTV.

@TerryP
Anything that provides equal to better service at a lower price...sure..
But....with no internet available..and probably never will be...in my life time....i be f**ked.....but i do get sunlight and if it was up to utility company..probably wouldnt get it...
My tv history....isnt good...
Cband....and now directv my savior...

I am definitely interested as long as I can have access to college football and college basketball, AND someone can teach my non-technological savvy butt some stuff on how it all works. My son is seven and loves any of those he can get his eyes on. My wife would be fine with no TV.

I pay $140 a month right now for TV and internet. Assuming I would need to keep my AT&T internet?

I am definitely interested as long as I can have access to college football and college basketball, AND someone can teach my non-technological savvy butt some stuff on how it all works. My son is seven and loves any of those he can get his eyes on. My wife would be fine with no TV.

I pay $140 a month right now for TV and internet. Assuming I would need to keep my AT&T internet?
I've got a deal set up with Xfinity that may be cheaper. I just got approval on that Friday. I can't recall how the speed broke down but I'll get that info when I go to the car.

Same thing with Verizon and phones.

It's not real easy dealing with people in Vietnam as far as communicating...but they are there because of cost on licensing.

I havve some data on my ipad i use....limited data....
My parents have internet at their house, but it is nowhere near good enough to think of streaming more than one thing at a time and that has to be SD only. They tried once to watch Netflix on their TV while my nephew was watching something else on Netflix on another TV. The buffering was horrible. Bad thing is their speed should handle that, but the packet latency is a mess over there.

My parents have internet at their house, but it is nowhere near good enough to think of streaming more than one thing at a time and that has to be SD only. They tried once to watch Netflix on their TV while my nephew was watching something else on Netflix on another TV. The buffering was horrible. Bad thing is their speed should handle that, but the packet latency is a mess over there.
Yeah.....right....my kids have Internet and they get so much....tv plus other things ( that i dont care about)...but get home security.....( my home security is an old cocker spaniel)....plus much else...

i can log on using data with some coverage and speed...but they are very limited also...no way they do much else

Back
Top Bottom