| BSB/SB đźĄŽđźŹ† : Alabama Softball’s Season Ends in Friday Loss to Stanford at Women’s College World Series

OKLAHOMA CITY – No. 5 seed Alabama makes its 14th appearance at the Women's College World Series this weekend, opening play on Thursday, June 1 at 11 a.m. CT against No. 4 Tennessee at 11 a.m. CT on ESPN. The winner of that game advances to play Saturday, while the loser plays in an elimination game on Friday.

This Week: 2023 Women's College World Series​

• No. 5 Alabama (45-20) vs. No. 4 Tennessee (49-8)
  • Thursday, June 1 – 11 a.m. CT winner advances to play Saturday, loser plays in Friday elimination game
  • Oklahoma City, Okla. – USA Softball Hall of Fame Stadium
  • TV: ESPN
  • Radio: The Crimson Tide Sports Network at 97.5 FM in Tuscaloosa | nick975.com | Varsity App

Ok I will not defend Murphy in terms of coaching and hitting but you have to give him credit for creating a locker room culture that he appears to have done. From the video these players really seem to like and even love Murphy and their teammates. Kids will be attracted to that.

Ok I will not defend Murphy in terms of coaching and hitting but you have to give him credit for creating a locker room culture that he appears to have done. From the video these players really seem to like and even love Murphy and their teammates. Kids will be attracted to that.
Kali Heivilin is the only player left from the class signed two seasons ago. That class affected the locker room. (It's happening at Ole Miss this season, but I digress.)

I can't place the blame purely at Murph's feet. But I have to weigh that against these ladies were recruited for several years before 2020.

There is no doubt in my mind that a lot of kids that came out of high school in C-19 have not adjusted well to collegiate life. Specifically, kids that were in the spotlight. Agiye Hall would be an example in football.

The drama they were unnecessarily exposed to in their last year of high school carried over to college; unnecessary drama in the locker room. One class, and the lack of cohesiveness, had a bearing on their ability to "pass the bat."

Take a minute and watch the press conference @bama alum posted. Consider my opinion and see how it resonates in what Murph has to say about this year's team.

I mean that's a positive, but he needs to go get the best coach available. Hope he doesn't hire one of his friends just cause.
I might have interpreted this wrong but when Murphy said he could hire a hitting coach he stated in the post presser they already had a volunteer coach doing that and now could pay. I hope he didn’t mean they could now pay the volunteer coach. That’s not too promising.

I might have interpreted this wrong but when Murphy said he could hire a hitting coach he stated in the post presser they already had a volunteer coach doing that and now could pay. I hope he didn’t mean they could now pay the volunteer coach. That’s not too promising.
That's the way I took It.

Ryan just came on staff. I'm hesitant to make a judgment.

New rules by the NCAA allows 4 full time paid coaches for Division 1 softball and has now done away with Volunteer coaches. If that be the case and if what Murphy said about the volunteer coach now being paid the staff, as is, would look like this.
Murphy - Head Coach
Habetz - Asst. Coach (Whatever she does besides stand at first base and Rah...Rah)
McMahon - Asst. Coach (Pitching coach)
Iamuri - Asst. Coach (Hitting Coach)
There would be no changes in the coaching staff for next year. As I said before this is not too promising.

Kali Heivilin is the only player left from the class signed two seasons ago. That class affected the locker room. (It's happening at Ole Miss this season, but I digress.)

I can't place the blame purely at Murph's feet. But I have to weigh that against these ladies were recruited for several years before 2020.

There is no doubt in my mind that a lot of kids that came out of high school in C-19 have not adjusted well to collegiate life. Specifically, kids that were in the spotlight. Agiye Hall would be an example in football.

The drama they were unnecessarily exposed to in their last year of high school carried over to college; unnecessary drama in the locker room. One class, and the lack of cohesiveness, had a bearing on their ability to "pass the bat."

Take a minute and watch the press conference @bama alum posted. Consider my opinion and see how it resonates in what Murph has to say about this year's team.
I watched the pre and post game pressures. At least the two players that were at there had a lot of Bama Softball in them and showed a lot of respect for Murphy. Not sure what happened at the end of last year or the year before when some really good players left and appeared to leave the roster thin especially at pitcher. Murphy has let the roster get into a challenging state at pitcher it appears. Also does not appear he has the procuctivity at the plate as prior bama teams had. Maybe jimmies and joes, coaching or both. Either way it is the head coaches job to solve the problem.

Back
Top Bottom