| LIFE Woman quits her job after winning $90,000 lottery jackpot

IF she's smart, she can make it last a very long time. But I doubt she's smart since she quit her job immediately after.

Because if she was smart, she'd have kept the job at least until the end of the year. She could've invested every penny of it and made it make more money. But most people aren't that smart. They're greedy and impatient. A very dangerous combination. They want instant results. So she'll blow it all on shit she really doesn't need.

Pay bills? Sure. Hell I'd try to pay bills for an entire year with it. But the rest would be invested in something that would make me even more money. But I certainly wouldn't quit my job. At least not right away.

IF she's smart, she can make it last a very long time. But I doubt she's smart since she quit her job immediately after.

Because if she was smart, she'd have kept the job at least until the end of the year. She could've invested every penny of it and made it make more money. But most people aren't that smart. They're greedy and impatient. A very dangerous combination. They want instant results. So she'll blow it all on shit she really doesn't need.

Pay bills? Sure. Hell I'd try to pay bills for an entire year with it. But the rest would be invested in something that would make me even more money. But I certainly wouldn't quit my job. At least not right away.
You realize she’ll only clear about 60k after taxes?

You realize she’ll only clear about 60k after taxes?
Yes, I do. But what I said still holds true. You can turn that $60k into a decent 6 figures in just a few years. But she won't because she quit her job. So she'll be dipping into that pot right away.

And yes, I admit I was a little ambitious (yeah, only a little... ;) ) saying she should wait at least until the end of the year to quit her job. Keeping it for 5 years, on a 6% return, she'd have a little over $80k. Not great, but not terrible. But let's say she got smart and waited until 65 to retire and just put all of it into something that made more money. Using that 6%, she'd have almost $200k at 65. I'm assuming her age, she looks to be in her 40s, so that's another 20 years, roughly).

She could also find something that gives an even better return and make even more. So by the time she retired, she really wouldn't have to worry about money; again, if she was smart with it and didn't start spending as soon as she retired. Take a trip? Sure. New car? Why not? Pay off the house (if it isn't, already)? Definitely!

IF it was 20 years ago, she'd be in better shape. That's almost $100k in today's money. Even 10 years ago would get her almost $80k. Not a whole lot more, but still more.

But like I said initially, she probably won't be smart with it and it'll be gone in short order. Then she'll be back out looking for another job. But hey, it's her money to do with as she wishes. She thinks $60k is life-changing, but it's really not. It might seem that way to someone who's never had that much money, but it's really not. And it certainly won't go as far as she thinks it will. Also, she's probably about to have a whole bunch of relatives she's never heard of. And every one of them will have some kind of sob story as to why they need money.

Back
Top Bottom