| FTBL Will MSU beat Auburn?

rammajamma

Verified Member
Ok so I saw Auburn get beat by USF and then I watched LSU totally beat the mess out of VT. MSU beat Tulane 38-17. Now here is my thoughts....... MSU is known for upsetting at least one SEC school a year, Florida a few years ago and Alabama last year. (Do you see where this is going?) Auburn looks very beatable and here is a hint for Sly, KEEP PRESSURE ON COX! So do you think this is it? Do you think this is the game for Sly to upset the Tigers and get the Auburn fans to start calling for TT head?

From the way that their defense looked during the first half against LSU, I say it is definitely a possibility. The big question is will their offense be able to do enough against The Barn's defense to give them a chance. If the Bulldog O can do a good enough job to help their D out I believe an upset is very possible.

I personally would like to see it just to see if all of the Barners that criticized the Bama fans who wanted Shula fired will start calling for Tubbs to get the boot. :D

Wiseace615 said:
I personally would like to see it just to see if all of the Barners that criticized the Bama fans who wanted Shula fired will start calling for Tubbs to get the boot. :D

Yeah, that would be funny to watch. :lol:

Wiseace615 said:
From the way that their defense looked during the first half against LSU, I say it is definitely a possibility. The big question is will their offense be able to do enough against The Barn's defense to give them a chance. If the Bulldog O can do a good enough job to help their D out I believe an upset is very possible.

I sure never wanted for Shula to get fired :D

With the QB Moo State has there is no way I see them beating Augbarn. I think Augbarn will win with their defense alone. 3 interceptions, 1 of which will be returned for a td gives the Tigers a 13-10 win.

I hope I'm wrong though and I usually am. :D

Across the board MSU doesn't have the athletes. But...anything can happen in the SEC from one week to the next and if MSU can apply pressure to Cox things could get hairy.

My head says AU 31 MSU 13

My heart says MSU just plays lights out defensively and wins 16-13.

Either way, I don't really care all that much. AU's got theirs coming and not just by us. If MSU beats them it's gravy.

Yeah, that QB from MSU will have Groves breathing down his neck all day long. That game could get ugly for MSU.

I would say that South Florida team would whoop up on MSU. I am kind of glad we don't play them this year.

That being said, I hope I am wrong!! :lol: :twisted:

I don’t know, in the first half against LSU, Miss St. was getting pretty good pressure with their DEs on Flynn. If they can get the same kind of pressure on Cox, this game could be very interesting.

I can't see MSU putting many points on the board at all against the barn. Unless Cox self destructs with interceptions I just don't see the upset happening.

My gut wants to say that this might be a close game, but I honestly think Auburn will win by 2+ touchdowns.

Auburn - 38

MSU - 10

Proud Tiger said:
Wiseace615 said:

I sure never wanted for Shula to get fired :D
:lol: Yeah, Didn't Ya'll vote him SEC coach of the year about five years running? :lol:

Well, one thing seems certain...we are not going to dominate anybody that we play this year. Any games that we win will be nail-biters to the bitter end.

Both Kanasas State and USF are better teams than Mississippi State. But, I am not counting any chickens before they hatch this year.

2007 is going to be a 4th Quarter heart attack every Saturday for AU fans.

circledrill said:
Well, one thing seems certain...we are not going to dominate anybody that we play this year. Any games that we win will be nail-biters to the bitter end.

Both Kanasas State and USF are better teams than Mississippi State. But, I am not counting any chickens before they hatch this year.

2007 is going to be a 4th Quarter heart attack every Saturday for AU fans.

I have heard this several different times put several different ways from several different AU fans.

Back
Top Bottom