| FTBL Will Bama nation accept Sabans 1st yr ,if its 8-5,or7-6. 5-7

Bamalee1

Verified Member
I know i type the same bull every yr, i guess i want a reaction , but truefully i see us better on offense , and a lot younger and worst on defense. Also let me say it now,(like i do every yr) that i plan on watching every game , every weekend, and im not watching any at the start of the game expecting us to lose.

That being said , we probably now have a better head coach, better assistance coaches , and a new outlook for the team.

That also being said , the Coaching and the system coming in is new. Our over all offensive personnel is probably good enough to compete for a sec championship.

But But But.
Defense is a another story .No matter how you rate it ,we are going to appear to be weaker than last yr on defensive line (Ends will be ok but no debt) Im not sure the Inside tackles are sec caliber right now.Linebackers and secondary(young and inexperienced) .
Defense was actually not that good last yr(i thought Kines did a lot with less by using mirrors, but the mirrors wasnt good enough) and until we recruit better (and its now starting with Saban), we will be way to slow at linebacker positions, and secondary. I do feel that with Steele as coordinator along with Sabans input on defense, that they are a good upgrade over last yrs defensive coaching(but i still believe we will need some serious mirrors).

That being said we will probably be legitimate chance of being underdogs in all 4 of our Home SEC games, (Arkansas,Georgia,Tennessee, and LSU, we will also go into 2 road games as legit underdogs(FSU and Auburn)
That also being said, the other 3 sec road games could almost or should be considered toss ups.
I realize we will be better coached but ---

Vandy, gave us a war last yr , their qb will be better, they have always played us well up there . they gave Florida a war up there and beat Georgia. Some people laugh at me but i think we stand a better chance of beating Ga,and Arky in T-town than we do Vandy in Nashville.

Ole Miss-again Bama will be better coached , but we had to wars with them the last 2 yrs in T-town and beat them on money field goals late. I believe with Shulas poorer recruiting they have caught up with us some in personnel. Certainly Coach Saban can out coach ole Ed , but its still a serious sec road toss up.

Miss St - see Ole Miss above -same scerio.

So technically im saying there are 9 games where we may be listed as underdogs or toss ups to our opponents.

So that being said - HOW WILL THE BAMA NATION EXCEPT cOACH SABAN IF HIS FIRST YR HERE IS 8-5,7-6 OR WORST?

PS. Remember Geno (Coach Stalling went 7-5 his first yr and got waxed 34-7 by a average Louisville team) and he won a national championship his 3 th season.So i hope the Bama Nation excepts this situation listed above well, and gives it a chance

BamaBullies said:
Losses to Vandy, Ole Miss, and Miss State are not going to happen. I could see Bama going 7-5 or 8-4 easily though.
i sincerely hope you are right, but i posted this sincerely saying personnel wise,im not sure we are there especially on defense.
The Bama mentality is Alabama is always suppose to beat the Vandys , and the Mississippi teams. (But heck Bama ole school we suppose to win them all). You go ahead and write down thes 3 road games as wins ,yeah we will be better coached with less personnel, but we won in a war with 2 of them last yr , and lost the other, and road games are all a pain in the butt.
I seriously hope you are right, but hang in there if you are not.No matter what happens this yr i think Bama Ole School is own its way back.

We still have way more talent than these schools anyway you slice it. Hell if we had a better coach last year you never know what could have happened. I will slap myself in the balls if we lose any of those games.

Re: Will Bama nation accept Sabans 1st yr ,if its 8-5,or7-6.

Bamalee1 said:
So that being said - HOW WILL THE BAMA NATION EXCEPT cOACH SABAN IF HIS FIRST YR HERE IS 8-5,7-6 OR WORST?

I think they will accept it fine. Will they be totally happy, probably not. No one can make everyone happy. However, I honestly believe the fans believe that we have the best coach to take us back to national prominence. If they will give Mike Shula 3 years to show improvement, they will certainly give Nick Saban more than the first season to succeed.

Well we will need the ball to bounce our way for a few games but to me it will all hinge on how well the players adjust to the new schemes on offense and defense.
7 or 8 wins this year will be pretty darn good.
We could drop or pick up a game too.
I'm more interested in seeing how well the coaching staff gels. That will also be a determining factor
in our record.Either way I think the Bama nation is sick and tired of all the coaching carasels in the last few years so hopefully most fans will accept the fact that we need to give it time and we will be fine.

I am guessing 7 to 8 wins. That does not include losses to freakin' Vandy, Ole Miss, or Miss Stste. My god if Vandy can't make a bowl game with Cutler they never will.

It pains me to say this, but we could be looking at another 6-6 (regular) season. I'm an optimist, but the truth of the matter is that if our incoming freshman don't make an immediate impact (which they probably won't), we are just too thin and inexperienced on D given the caliber of teams in the SEC.

I would say best case scenerio is 8-4.

Yes, there will be grumbling. Saban will cure that in 3 years.

BamaBullies said:
I am guessing 7 to 8 wins. That does not include losses to freakin' Vandy, Ole Miss, or Miss Stste. My god if Vandy can't make a bowl game with Cutler they never will.
Im glad you are a diehard believer of a good record, Im just trying to be a realist, an again we are a legit underdog in 6 games next yr . Bad mouth Vandy and the Miss teams all you want ,we barely beat 2 of them last yr and lost to the other, and they are all on the road this yr(If you call that cakewalks more power to you). If you think Vandy is a cake walk this yr tell it to their 17 starters returning, who

Lost to Bama on a late field goal last yr 10-13

Lost to SEC West Champs Arkansas after their field goal kicker missed chip shot field goal late 19-21

Lost to Ole Miss on a late score 10-17

Lost to National Champion Gators 19-25

Beat the Georgia Bulldogs 24-22 in Athens .

I hope none of the dog fans slapped their manhood when they lost .

kudzu said:
Well we will need the ball to bounce our way for a few games but to me it will all hinge on how well the players adjust to the new schemes on offense and defense.
7 or 8 wins this year will be pretty darn good.
We could drop or pick up a game too.
I'm more interested in seeing how well the coaching staff gels. That will also be a determining factor
in our record.Either way I think the Bama nation is sick and tired of all the coaching carasels in the last few years so hopefully most fans will accept the fact that we need to give it time and we will be fine.
Based on my earlier responses in my opinion this is probably the correct answer,for what ever my opinions worth.

Realistically 7 or 8. Anything else would be icing on the cake. It depends on whether the offense can score enough points to offset what the defense might give up. I think next year with a developing defense falling into place and Senior leadership developing on offense we well turn the corner and win 9 or 10 2008 season. It is important that we stay realistic this year. You will see the Team get better as the season progresses creating the opportunity to knock off Auburn and Tennessee.

As long as the players are playing HARD! It will take CNS at least a season or two to get in the type of players he wants and needs. As long as the Crimson Nation sees improvement in play from the beginning of the year to the end, I think we will show patience.

For the fanbase to blow up over a mediocre first season would play directly into the media and opposing fans' favor.

If the fanbase cannot accept that Alabama still needs work to play for all the marbles, then many are as delusional as portrayed.

I hate to say this, but the next few seasons could be make or break for the program for a long time. Another coaching change anytime soon would be a long term killer, and we can get used to mediocre ball for another decade at least. There must be some modicum of stability for a program to build itself into reloading instead of rebuilding mode. Every coaching change ushers in different schemes and player needs.

Patience and loyalty are key right now. The only reason I hated to see Shula go was because of the crapstorm. IF Mal had not secured Saban, we would be in major decline right now. If Saban leaves before 2012 or later, I don't think Bama can replace him with the same caliber coach. You just thought it was a media circus this December.

If he goes 3-9 this season, folks better button their lip and keep yelling "Roll Tide!" if they expect to ever get back on track.

9-4 this season counting the bowl game. I would not get upset over 8-5, but I still think that he should at least beat one of the following:

Arkansas,Georgia,Florida St.,Tennessee,LSU,Auburn.
I figure he beats Arky and Tenn, and I wont call the iron bowl just yet. But I definitely think that only 7 wins would be a bit of a disappointment, definitely an underachievement. Even Shula could win 7 games next season. The team WILL be better than last year in ALL phases. There's no way they could get any worse. I'm just hoping he starts off 2-0. Vandy is a tough cat and they will be after ALA for four quarters. Its a very dangerous game because its so early in the season. :!:

I just want to see our boys go out and play hard for 60 minutes every game.
We will see better coached, better conditioned, more disciplined players on the field this year. I also would bet the playcalling will be miles ahead of anything we have seen in the last few years.

The record, well, I say we will win 7-8 games. More is always better, but its the first year for a new coach with a pretty tough schedule.

Give Saban time, he will make us proud.

Back
Top Bottom