Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LSU

• Ole Miss

• MSU

• Total voters
I know people think this is crazy, but I'm not sold that LSU is going to be the massive force that the media is making them out to be this year. They may win the conference and play for a national championship, but I still think that there are a lot of questions to be answered with the quarterback and the best coach on their staff is at Florida State now. I'm not saying that they will be bad, I just haven't jumped on the Les Miles boat yet. (Stepping down from soap box now)

WooPiigSooie!!!!! said:
1Ark/LSwho
2auburn
3Bama
4Ole piss
5misstake

:lol: :lol:

Most of us here try not to be homers.

I went with LSU because they are the obvious choice. I would like to be completely wrong though. :wink:

Wiseace615 said:
I know people think this is crazy, but I'm not sold that LSU is going to be the massive force that the media is making them out to be this year. They may win the conference and play for a national championship, but I still think that there are a lot of questions to be answered with the quarterback.

I agree completely.

"and the best coach on their staff is at Florida State now. I'm not saying that they will be bad, I just haven't jumped on the Les Miles boat yet. (Stepping down from soap box now)

Disagree. I think Jimbo is a world class recruiter, but his playcalling became pretty predictable after seven years. I like Jimbo alot and think he will make a fine head coach. I think Crowton will add new wrinkles that sec defensive coordinators have not seen -- much like Major Applewhite.

I know LSU has talent but in a league like the SEC it takes so many more things to win. Experience, luck, coaching, and so forth. In terms of coaching, I can't help but reference an article I read recently talking about LSU.

Paraphrased:" With Myles at the helm no loss is quite out of reach. "

:lol: I do think that with Les Myles at the helm LSU is a team with world-class talent and 2 losses a year guarenteed. JMHO.

ok heres my take for this years endings

1.bama considering we win the upsets !!
2.lsu if they beat us
3.auburn i see them losing to lsu and bama
4.ark they lose to the three ahead of them
5.ole miss theyhave another disappointing season
6.miss st. will have one or two wins depending on who gets "croomed" this year.

porkchop said:
I know LSU has talent but in a league like the SEC it takes so many more things to win. Experience, luck, coaching, and so forth. In terms of coaching, I can't help but reference an article I read recently talking about LSU.

Paraphrased:" With Myles at the helm no loss is quite out of reach. "

:lol: I do think that with Les Myles at the helm LSU is a team with world-class talent and 2 losses a year guarenteed. JMHO.

I guess we will find out if you are right about Miles this year. Do you consider Richt as bad a coach as Miles? -- since he has only had only one (1) loss season with "world class talent".
2001 Georgia 8-4 5-3 2 (East)
2002 Georgia 13-1 7-1 1 (East)
2003 Georgia 11-3 6-2 1 (East)
2004 Georgia 10-2 6-2 2 (East)
2005 Georgia 10-3 6-2 1 (East)
2006 Georgia 9-4 4-4

I think Richt is a good coach, not a great one. I also think Miles has the easier road of the two year in, year out though. The West normally isn't as strong as the East.

Or should I mention Eastern Division teams? I know those old UT nightmares probably havent ended yet. That might be the most embarressing thing I've ever seen out of LSU. And I was rooting for them too since I absolutely hate UT, Foolmer and anything to do with either of them and would root for Satan before them in any contest of any kind.

BTW, I didn't write that. I was only quoting it. :p

I think LSU will win the West, and they should, but then every time I say that to myself, I picture Les Miles calling a timeout after a change of possession against the Vols and I wonder if this guy can Magoo is way though the league and even get to Atlanta, much less win the game. DuBose did it once thanks to some cat name Su. Alexander but Les doesn't have a cat named Su. Alexander.

Anyway, I chose LSU.

Wiseace615 said:
I know people think this is crazy, but I'm not sold that LSU is going to be the massive force that the media is making them out to be this year. They may win the conference and play for a national championship, but I still think that there are a lot of questions to be answered with the quarterback and the best coach on their staff is at Florida State now. I'm not saying that they will be bad, I just haven't jumped on the Les Miles boat yet. (Stepping down from soap box now)

im with ya man. RB is a major concern for them, too, imo. and yea QB is real shaky imo. Early Doucett is a great receiver, but who else do they have? the 'D' is solid but not near as good as ESPN would like u to think.

I picked LSU, but Goodscotch don't get your hopes up I did last year too and you see how that turned out. I do pick us second though and next year we will be first. So don't get used to winning the West if you do. :lol:

I picked LSU because the Barn is not listed. But I think that the Barn will win the west. (I threw up after I typed that sentence.) As much as I hate to admit it, I think their only loss in the conference will be to Bama. Why? Because we want it more. They will beat LSU because Les is....well he is Les Miles. I firmly believe that CNS would have won at least one more NC if he would have stayed at LSU. Ole Miss and MSU will not be contenders because they lack talent. Arky has a chance to win the west (and did last year to my surprise) but I do not think they have it this year offensively. The other teams will be keying on McFadden and will prepare for the "wildcat" package. Here is my list:
1. Barn
2. LSU
3. Bama
4. Arky
5. Ole Miss
6. MSU

Back
Top Bottom