who likes hot food?

planomateo

I don't mind hot food at all, I've had the ghost pepper while in India, just tried a red savina habanero for the first time at a sushi joint a few days ago, they had it on the sushi and I was curious what it was and how hot it was so I proceeded to eat the pepper raw, trying it in 3 bites, was nothing for about 2 minutes and then it kicked in - burn lasted for about 10-15 mins. Pretty little hot pepper.

anyone else have a sicko heat addiction?

Sicko? No, I've outgrown that one I like to think but when someone brings some up I've a hard time saying no.

You do know the ghost pepper is considered to be the hottest in the world? On that Scoville meter they use, I believe it registers 1,000,000.

Down at the slave market there's a booth that carries a variety of different salsa's and pepper relishes. I've dropped coin on a few of them. Some so hot an 1/16th of a teaspoon is enough to make a plate almost unbearably hot.

I'm not growing as many this season because I still have peppers left over from last season. Now, when I say "left over" those peppers have been grown, dried, crushed, and mixed.

Last year I had Serrano, Jalapeno, Tabasco, Rocoto, and Habanero peppers grown and processed like I mentioned above. They are now in an old Cayenne pepper container that I use for pizza's, spaghetti, etc. Great flavor!!! And, some heat as well.

If you like to play around in the kitchen, get your hands on some mild Rocoto peppers and follow a recipe similar to a stuffed bell pepper recipe. It's a great side for a steak, pork chop, etc. but I mostly use them with fresh fish—both salt and fresh water.

Yeah, I didn't realize I was eating the Naga Bhut Jolokia until after I ate it, was at the Manchester United restaurant in Bangalore. I wanted to see what they considered hot, most of the guys with us didn't want anything to do with the pepper, only a few would partake.

The red savina was hot, no doubt about it, it didn't start out with me looking for trouble, but it eventually found me. We asked for something hot, he gave us something we didn't think was hot, so then the "cherry bomb" came out, they mixed it in some sauce and put on our sushi, still wasn't hot, and that's when the question popped, why don't you just try the pepper. I had about 2/3 - 3/4 of my pint of beer left and didn't ask for anything else for the 15 mins of heat, they offered milk and I respectfully declined.

There is a place in Tulsa I've wanted to try - from Man vs Food, the Incinerator Pizza Challenge.

THE INCINERATOR
$12.95, $16.95, $20.95
Wasabi red sauce, sliced hot link, pepperoni, salami,
ham, black pepper, diced jalapenos, habaneros,
and a ghost pepper ciracha swirl

TAKE THE CHALLENGE! Take down a 14”
Incinerator by yourself and get your sweaty
mug on our wall of fame and a free shirt!
Ask your server for details!

5930275417_e62b83c68b.jpg

Yeah, I didn't realize I was eating the Naga Bhut Jolokia until after I ate it, was at the Manchester United restaurant in Bangalore. I wanted to see what they considered hot, most of the guys with us didn't want anything to do with the pepper, only a few would partake.

The red savina was hot, no doubt about it, it didn't start out with me looking for trouble, but it eventually found me. We asked for something hot, he gave us something we didn't think was hot, so then the "cherry bomb" came out, they mixed it in some sauce and put on our sushi, still wasn't hot, and that's when the question popped, why don't you just try the pepper. I had about 2/3 - 3/4 of my pint of beer left and didn't ask for anything else for the 15 mins of heat, they offered milk and I respectfully declined.

There is a place in Tulsa I've wanted to try - from Man vs Food, the Incinerator Pizza Challenge.

5930275417_e62b83c68b.jpg

I've only watched one episode of Man vs Food at it just so happened to be that one. He was hurtin'.

Anyone who downs a Ghost Pepper has my utmost admiration and respect. As for my self? Never really to huge on hot stuff. About the extent I go is some Texas Pete's or some good old fashioned Tabasco. Maybe sometimes a TINY bit of wasabi on some sushi. I do however have a love of chipotle (the flavor, not the restaurant). I know that's more on the mild side, but I can't get enough of it.

My girl's grandfather however used to eat habeneros like they were candy. I'm pretty sure I would die trying that.

Last edited:
I don't mind some hot stuff but I don't eat it all the time. Anyone ever had the Ass Kickin' Brand hot sauce? I enjoy the Honey Roasted variety of the peanuts line.

I just can't do hot foods... not real sure why... never have been able to enjoy them or tolerate them well. Though I do like some spicy foods, like some cajun dishes. It's stuff like really, really hot wings that I can't do.

I'm with Porter. The only hot stuff I like is the HOT potato chips by Golden Flake. But I like pretty much everything else mild.

Back
Top Bottom