| FTBL Which SEC game this weekend is the "most exciting" match-up to watch?

Sit down, homers. I'm talking purely in a football sense. Which game moves the needle?

<sigh>
I just used a cliche found with TV ratings where Bama vs Texas is going to rule. That's not what I mean. I agree with Roman's assessement of UA vs UT below.

Here's this weeks schedule.

Screenshot 2022-09-07 9.05.09 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-09-07 9.00.48 AM.png

Tennessee and Pitt will be fun and put some prospective on both teams. Kentucky and Florida should be a good one to see where Kentucky is at and if Florida is good or was just on a high last weekend. I think the Mississippi State and Arizona game will be a game that shows where both programs currently sit after Arizona showed some signs of life last weekend. I'm very interested to watch Tennessee though.

Florida and UK - Going to be a good game likely close UK>Florida

Vandy and Wake - Probably underrated good game here, being from Nashville Vandy is my closet love just because they are a funny trainwreck usually but I do love when they're better than Tennessee and this year they might just be better than UT..they look pretty good. Vandy > Wake

Alabama and Texas - Pageantry, blue bloods, will be a fun watch but likely not that competitive of a game this year. Alabama > Texas

MSST and Arizona - would be interesting to watch, but I'm not staying up that late. Pac idiots need to stop the after dark games and play when the majority of the CFB world aren't sleeping/getting ready for bed. Arizona > MSST

Vandy and Wake - Probably underrated good game here, being from Nashville Vandy is my closet love just because they are a funny trainwreck usually but I do love when they're better than Tennessee and this year they might just be better than UT..they look pretty good. Vandy > Wake
IF Wake was without Hartline again this week I think we'd see a fairly close game. With his return? 14-17 point Wake win is how I see it shaking out.

There was no news on Hartline to start the week. That saw the spread open Sunday night with Wake giving six. Since they announced his return the line has doubled...you can find Wake giving as much as 13 now. Caesars and BetMGM have seen it go as high at -13½.

IF Wake was without Hartline again this week I think we'd see a fairly close game. With his return? 14-17 point Wake win is how I see it shaking out.

There was no news on Hartline to start the week. That saw the spread open Sunday night with Wake giving six. Since they announced his return the line has doubled...you can find Wake giving as much as 13 now. Caesars and BetMGM have seen it go as high at -13½.
I think the ACC is overrated this year and Vandy is being slept on a bit. They have some good talent there and the coach is definitely a step up from previous years, might be surprised this year.

I think the ACC is overrated this year and Vandy is being slept on a bit. They have some good talent there and the coach is definitely a step up from previous years, might be surprised this year.
Over rated as a whole? Maybe. It was pointed out earlier this week that there are four games this weekend where the ACC team is a dog after winning the game last season: Pitt being one. Personally I see more parity in the ACC these last two seasons: Clemson regressing to the mean while a few teams have stepped up their talent levels.

WF won the conference last season and returns 15 of their starting 22 from last season—9 of 11 on offense. I mentioned Hartline at QB. Wake also returns five of their top seven receivers from last year. I don't see Vandy being able to handle that much returning production.

FWIW, a quick glance at two power rankings (Sagarin and Action Network) reveal Wake by 11 - 11½.

I don’t think the Aggies will have a problem with Appy State.
Is there any reason to believe that a$m is preparing for App State this week? The only team they prepared for in the first five weeks last season was Alabama. If they are doing that this year they will have a huge problem with their next four games. They went 3-2 in the first five games last year and it took a last minute score against Colorado to prevent it from being 2-3. Colorado! 4-8 Colorado.

Is there any reason to believe that a$m is preparing for App State this week? The only team they prepared for in the first five weeks last season was Alabama. If they are doing that this year they will have a huge problem with their next four games. They went 3-2 in the first five games last year and it took a last minute score against Colorado to prevent it from being 2-3. Colorado! 4-8 Colorado.
App state gave NC State all they wanted. And had 2 point conversation for win with wide open receiver. Oops. Receiver stopped n tried to jump n catch.

Maybe was NC?

Back
Top Bottom