| FTBL Which remaining big games do you think Bama will win?

Which remaining big games do you think Bama will win?

• LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Auburn

• Tennesse and LSU

• Tennessee and Auburn

• LSU and Auburn

• None of these

• Total voters
Tennessee is back to being the Tennessee of the mid to late 1990's. I really am not looking foward to Oct. 21. We could get embarassed, & Fulmer will not hesitate to run it up on us one bit. They have a week of to watch us struggle against Ole Miss. Tennessee is the second best team in the SEC & not a distant second either. They very well should've beaten Florida.

Tennessee and Auburn.

Tennessee shocked me putting up 51...but I don't see that happening again.

Auburn has a 'Bama beat down coming. I decided this the other day and Im set on it no matter what.

LSU and Auburn.

LSU hasn't beaten anybody in their big games this year. Auburn has proven to be overrated by a considerable amount, and Alabama's players have to be sick and tired of losing four straight to the Cow-spankers in Lee county, especially last year's embarrassing beat-down on The Plains.

I think we beat Tennessee, LSU, and AUbarn.

Tenn is overrated again. They should have been beaten by Georgia last night. If Georgia had our QB they would have won by 30.

LSU has a great QB that makes terribly stupid decisions. That bodes well for our defense and our offense if they can force a couple TO's then we will beat them.

AU has a bad QB and an even worse defense. Not to mention that TT makes at least one call per game that could cost his team the game. Such as the onside kick against USC or the run to the side punt against Ark yesterday.

We have a couple of issues with playcalling in the redzone, but I thought we did ok with that yesterday. We went into Gainesville and could have beaten what is looking like one of the best teams in the nation. We went into Fayetteville and beat ARK, although the scoreboard didn't show it. After yesterday, that looks more and more like quite an accomplishment.

DirtyDave said:

Tenn is overrated again. They should have been beaten by Georgia last night. If Georgia had our QB they would have won by 30.

LSU has a great QB that makes terribly stupid decisions. That bodes well for our defense and our offense if they can force a couple TO's then we will beat them.

AU has a bad QB and an even worse defense. Not to mention that TT makes at least one call per game that could cost his team the game. Such as the onside kick against USC or the run to the side punt against Ark yesterday.

We have a couple of issues with playcalling in the redzone, but I thought we did ok with that yesterday. We went into Gainesville and could have beaten what is looking like one of the best teams in the nation. We went into Fayetteville and beat ARK, although the scoreboard didn't show it. After yesterday, that looks more and more like quite an accomplishment.

So if UGA had JPW as its QB they score 81 points Sat night. interesting :shock:

What makes you think Ut is overrated? That they beat the enternal hello outta Cal? They only scored 51 points against what was said to be a top 5 Defense? Or maybe that they also should have beaten UF?

UT appears to be the second best team in the league to me. I think we will have to score 28 to have a chance to beat them.

DirtyDave said:
AU has a bad QB and an even worse defense.
Att Made INT % Yds Td Avg/g
5. John P. Wilson...... UA SO 6 169 102 5 60.4 1373 9 228.8
6. Brandon Cox......... AU JR 6 123 76 2 61.8 1017 5 169.5

All the credit in the world to JPW for being a first year starter and performing the way he is... but really, what you said about Cox is pretty much off.

Losing basically a whole group of WRs, one could notice just based off the stats that Auburn has not used the passing game as much as it should be. Cox has a pretty good % at 61.8, but not enough attempts to be noted as a leader in yards or TDs this year. Still by no means does this resemble a "bad qb."

I really dont understand your defense comment. Sure, we were spanked by Arkansas and failed to stop the run. Every dog has its day. At times this year, our defense has looked vulnerable. But... one could argue that scoring defense may be the most important defensive stat to look at correct?

In that dept., Auburn has been fantastic. First in the SEC in redzone defense. Fourth in total defense. Second in sacks. 3rd in the conference, 6th in the nation in scoring defense.

That does not resemble a horrible defense in the least bit.

Lenny Kozlowski said:
DirtyDave said:

So if UGA had JPW as its QB they score 81 points Sat night. interesting :shock:

No, but I bet you that UGA wouldn't have been punting from their own endzone. Georgia led that game 24-7 at one point. If they had a QB worth a damn, they would have won by 30. Tennessee didn't score those points only on the defense. If you had watched the game or knew anything about football you would realize that it was the offense and special teams putting the defense in those situations.

vatz22au said:
DirtyDave said:

All the credit in the world to JPW for being a first year starter and performing the way he is... but really, what you said about Cox is pretty much off.

Losing basically a whole group of WRs, one could notice just based off the stats that Auburn has not used the passing game as much as it should be. Cox has a pretty good % at 61.8, but not enough attempts to be noted as a leader in yards or TDs this year. Still by no means does this resemble a "bad qb."

I really dont understand your defense comment. Sure, we were spanked by Arkansas and failed to stop the run. Every dog has its day. At times this year, our defense has looked vulnerable. But... one could argue that scoring defense may be the most important defensive stat to look at correct?

In that dept., Auburn has been fantastic. First in the SEC in redzone defense. Fourth in total defense. Second in sacks. 3rd in the conference, 6th in the nation in scoring defense.

Brandon Cox is the most overrated QB in the league. Every game I watch him play I hear the commentators talk about how good he is. BS!! He holds the ball way too long and when he throws on 2 or 3 step drops he hits his receivers in the ankles or one hops the ball to them. He will cause AU to go 8-4 or 9-3 this year.

DirtyDave said:
vatz22au said:
DirtyDave said:

Brandon Cox is the most overrated QB in the league. Every game I watch him play I hear the commentators talk about how good he is. BS!! He holds the ball way too long and when he throws on 2 or 3 step drops he hits his receivers in the ankles or one hops the ball to them. He will cause AU to go 8-4 or 9-3 this year.

Again, I disagree. I dont even know where to start on that reply. There are games in which Brandon was the very reason we were in it. Just seems like you hate hearing the praise. To keep it short, there is no way Brandon Cox is the reason AU goes 8-4 or 9-3.

Still waiting on why you note our defense is even worse.

vatz22au said:
DirtyDave said:
vatz22au said:
DirtyDave said:

Again, I disagree. I dont even know where to start on that reply. There are games in which Brandon was the very reason we were in it. Just seems like you hate hearing the praise. To keep it short, there is no way Brandon Cox is the reason AU goes 8-4 or 9-3.

Still waiting on why you note our defense is even worse.

So. Car. had 2 posessions in the second half and scored a TD on the first one and dropped a WIDE open TD on the second that would have sent the game into overtime. Yes, the same So. Car. that could only muster 24 points against Kentucky. USC racked up 350 yds of offense against AU.

Arkansas ran at will on what was heralded all day as a great defense and the only thing they have done all year is keep mistake prone Jemarcus Russell out of the end zone. Tammy Tuberville could've ran through the holes that ARK's O-Line was knocking around in that "vaunted" Auburn defense.

Furthermore, how many times has Brandon Cox been sacked this year. I would bet that he hasn't been sacked at all when he holds the ball for less than three seconds. Only problem with that is if he doesn't get at least 4 seconds to throw the ball he will throw behind the receiver or one hop it to him. He is terrible, but what other option do you have??

Chill out vatz. This guy thinks if JPW was Qb at Uga last week they win by 30. He watched this game and knows football. Hard to argue any of his points.

Back
Top Bottom