What unique recipe do you have in the family?

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Staff
...and I'm not talking a recipe for mayhem and disaster. What family recipe or meal has been handed down within your family? What makes it unique? What makes it special to you?

For me, it's pea patties. You take leftover blackeyed peas, mix in an egg and corn meal, and fry them like you would skillet cornbread or salmon croquettes. It came from my Dad's side of the family when every scrap of food had to used, and then they still went hungry some days. Tasty and memorable of days gone by.

RTR,

Tim

I heard about black pea patties, my mother even got my wife eating them. Whole cakes, almost like a pancake, but it's like a flat biscuit. It just don't take as long to cook on top of the stove. same as you would use to mix up for the biscuit. This from my mother's side. What about cracklin cornbread same mix up for the cornbread just add the crackin.

I heard about black pea patties, my mother even got my wife eating them. Whole cakes, almost like a pancake, but it's like a flat biscuit. It just don't take as long to cook on top of the stove. same as you would use to mix up for the biscuit. This from my mother's side. What about cracklin cornbread same mix up for the cornbread just add the crackin.

Exactly. Adding some cracklin to cornbread, done that as well.

Back
Top Bottom