| FTBL What must we do to beat Tennessee?

BigAl

Verified Member
Put more pressure on the qb.If Ainge has time he'll pick us apart. Stop the run. Im not sure if we can stop their run. We must also be more productive on offense. We must block better on both sides of the ball. We must own the line of scrimmage. Im worryed can you tell? What else?

BigAl said:
Put more pressure on the qb.If Ainge has time he'll pick us apart. Stop the run. Im not sure if we can stop their run. We must also be more productive on offense. We must block better on both sides of the ball. We must own the line of scrimmage. Im worryed can you tell? What else?

Ainge has been sacked once all year. If we give him much time to throw, we're in deep trouble.

Also, we need to convert a lot of third downs like we did Saturday against Ole Miss.

No doubt we need to pressure Ainge. Anyone who has watched us this year knows that we are vulnerable to those dang slant routes across the middle. If Ainge has all day to throw, he'll pick us apart.

I personally think that we might get our asses handed to us. The only for us to win is to make them turn it over at least 3 times and us not turn it over at all......and score TD's when inside the redzone. We just dont match up well with these guys at all.

I think we match up with them better than ya'll are giving credit...their defense is weak against the run, we should be able to run against them. Defensively we have to get pressure on Ainge, their team lives and dies by Ainge...if Ainge plays good, they'll play good...

I just see Tennessee as a team that we need to get physical with...Ainge is a freaking headcase, if we get pressure on him he will force throws

Our Db's are gonna have to play a little tigher on their receivers and maybe take some chances and go for the ball a touch more often. I know it's living dangerously but we need to disrupt their passing attack early.

rolltyroll said:
I personally think that we might get our asses handed to us. The only for us to win is to make them turn it over at least 3 times and us not turn it over at all......and score TD's when inside the redzone. We just dont match up well with these guys at all.

I afraid I agree here. This game has all the makings of a shootout and I don't think that works to our benefit. We are so thin on defense, I'm afraid they'll be dragging us around by the fourth quarter.

I hope I'm wrong.

We HAVE to win! That's all there is to it. I live about 20 miles from the UT campus and work with these crazy fans up here. They keep trying to get me to wear orange. I tell them I wear it only during hunting season and it ain't got white anywhere near it.
Anyways, I need the bragging rights at work. ROLL TIDE!!!

Ed

BamaFan425 said:
ROLL DAMN TIDE! That's all Im gonna say! I'll let you know that the Tennessee fans here in Chattanooga are just as scared as some of ya'll!

I live in Chattanooga and all I have heard is that it is in the bag because we can not stop there 8-12 yard passes and our talent level is less than 1/2 of theres. They talked about it all day on talk radio 102.

BamaFanNVolCountry said:
We HAVE to win! That's all there is to it. I live about 20 miles from the UT campus and work with these crazy fans up here. They keep trying to get me to wear orange. I tell them I wear it only during hunting season and it ain't got white anywhere near it.
Anyways, I need the bragging rights at work. ROLL TIDE!!!

Ed

I'm with you on that ED :wink: Bragging rights here in TN. :D

bamafan850 said:
BamaFan425 said:
ROLL DAMN TIDE! That's all Im gonna say! I'll let you know that the Tennessee fans here in Chattanooga are just as scared as some of ya'll!

I live in Chattanooga and all I have heard is that it is in the bag because we can not stop there 8-12 yard passes and our talent level is less than 1/2 of theres. They talked about it all day on talk radio 102.

Thats a Crock of Bull! :evil:

In the BAG! :roll: :roll:

bamafan850 said:
BamaFan425 said:

Well from my friends, who are some sensible UT fans, they have said they are scared. They were not impressed by their performance against MSU. I don't listen to Talk Radio 102.3 just because it's all UT stuff mainly. I guess it just depends on the fan you hear it from. Some of them are saying they are scared so they dont have any crow to eat if we win.

They may not have crow to eat there, but there'll be plenty to eat locally in Maryville. I won't be at work to see the worried looks on their faces during the broadcast on the radio. I'll be in Oliver Springs, Tn. at the Windrock ATV Club's Fall Jamboree with about 4,000 other riders. The game will be on my headset and I'll be wearing my "colors" that I picked up at Bama Fever in Montgomery two weeks ago.

My number 1 thing is pressuring Ainge. It worked well for us last year (until we gave the game away). Unfortunately I don't think we can. Next best thing would be some majorly disquised defensive alignments.

We just don't have a chance do we? :wink:

Actually we've broken some jinxes in Coach Saban's 1st year. What we couldn't do in Mike Shula's tenure we've already done twice in Coach Saban's...we've come back after being down in 4th Q.

The only thing we haven't done/broken is the big upset. You do realize we haven't had a big upset since '99. You may say '05 Florida was an upset, and maybe you're right. I do know many people were predicting us so I can't say that was really a big upset.

Anyway, no big upset in almost 8 years...none! :cry: Every year we look at UT, LSU and AU and hope/think we can nab one. And we haven't in 7 previous seasons. I sure hope this year is the time we finally break that! a$#

Back
Top Bottom