| FTBL What are your SEC power rankings after 2 weeks?

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Staff
As of today, this is how I see it...

1- The University of Alabama
2- Georgia (right on Bama's heels)
3- Ole Miss
4- Florida
5- Texas A&M
6- Arkansas
7- auburn
8- Kentucky (hardest for me to rank, probably have them too low)
9- Missouri
10- Mississippi State
11- LSU
12- South Carolina
13- Tennessee
14- Vandy

How would you rank them?

Why is Florida getting the love? They've gone for the #1 passing offense in the nation to right at 70th in the NCAA. It's a one dimensional team to date playing two directional schools.

I feel the exact same way. They haven't inspired me at all, and Mullen has really stunted Emory with his run only plays the last couple of years. I don't see them as much of a threat as a lot here do.

1- The University of Alabama
2- Georgia
3- Ole Miss
4- Florida
5- Texas A&M may go lower after losing their QB for an extended time.
6- Arkansas
7- Kentucky
8- Missouri
9- Auburn
10- Mississippi State
11- LSU
12- South Carolina
13- Tennessee
14- Vanderbilt- what a disaster

Why is Florida getting the love?

There is a big drop-off after Bama and UGA. To me, those next 3 teams or so are really tight. UF is a lot like auburn in the sense that it's hard to get a great read on them because of their competition up to this point. But, they have some pieces and I think they'll get QB figured out. While I don't think Mullen is an elite head coach, what he brings from the standpoint of offensive game planning and such can't be ignored.

There is a big drop-off after Bama and UGA. To me, those next 3 teams or so are really tight. UF is a lot like auburn in the sense that it's hard to get a great read on them because of their competition up to this point. But, they have some pieces and I think they'll get QB figured out. While I don't think Mullen is an elite head coach, what he brings from the standpoint of offensive game planning and such can't be ignored.
I've watched bits and pieces of their first two games and I'm seeing the same Emory that I've seen. With the backup, who is a better running threat, "hammy'd" up a bit where are they going to go? Let Emory attack the secondary?

While I'll agree this Tide team isn't the same as 2020 they're a lot closer than UF is to their 2020 squad. And let's face this, the lead when Bama played UF was never threatened. Yes, they had a nice comeback—which was stuffed in the end—there was never an angst about which team was controlling the game.

Let's hope Mullen let's Emory air it out...

I've watched bits and pieces of their first two games and I'm seeing the same Emory that I've seen. With the backup, who is a better running threat, "hammy'd" up a bit where are they going to go? Let Emory attack the secondary?

While I'll agree this Tide team isn't the same as 2020 they're a lot closer than UF is to their 2020 squad. And let's face this, the lead when Bama played UF was never threatened. Yes, they had a nice comeback—which was stuffed in the end—there was never an angst about which team was controlling the game.

This is giving me some added faith. This weekend's game has me worried - part of that is the sloppy Mercer game that I know is a classic letdown spot. A road game in Gainesville is always scary when you have a young offense and QB, and an OL working out issues - especially when the D moved around a lot.

I think Bama handles them fairly easily, I just think if UF played A&M, Arky, auburn, etc. right now they'd likely win. I still think KY is hard to slot. They've looked good at times and I was impressed with their win over Mizzou, but there's just something about them that keeps me from being enamored... not sure what. But I like Stoops and hope they cause some damage in the East.

As I’ve said before, I can’t see a team that is heavily predicated on running the ball having much success with this defensive unit. Florida hasn’t shown me anything through the air and I just don’t see a close game Saturday.

1- Alabama
2- Georgia
3- Ole Miss
4- Florida
5- Arkansas
5- Texas A&M (Tie at the moment)
7- Kentucky
8- auburn ( They look really good vs the high school teams they've played.)
9- Mississippi State
10- Missouri
11- Tennessee
12- South Carolina
13- LSU
14- Vandy

Back
Top Bottom