| FTBL We're actually close

bamatommy

Thread Starter
Crimson Tide Club
I think we're actually close to being pretty good. Even though our offense played so poorly most of the day, we still came back and made it a close game. We almost got the onside kick, but it hit Jimmy Johns in the head. :D

I'm encouraged that we can still hang in to the end. When we went down 21-7, it looked pretty bleak. We scored a touchdown to make it 14-7 and then the Seminoles scored on one play. Very disheartening. But we still made it go down to the wire. We're actually not too far away from breaking out, in my opinion. We came back against Georgia and put it into overtime, and we overcame a late surge by Arkansas to win.

Hang on, fellow Tiders. We're almost there.
 
G

Guest

bamatommy said:
I think we're actually close to being pretty good. Even though our offense played so poorly most of the day, we still came back and made it a close game. We almost got the onside kick, but it hit Jimmy Johns in the head. :D

I'm encouraged that we can still hang in to the end. When we went down 21-7, it looked pretty bleak. We scored a touchdown to make it 14-7 and then the Seminoles scored on one play. Very disheartening. But we still made it go down to the wire. We're actually not too far away from breaking out, in my opinion. We came back against Georgia and put it into overtime, and we overcame a late surge by Arkansas to win.

Hang on, fellow Tiders. We're almost there.

I don't know what game you watched buddy. I can't see us being close. When the team doesn't show any life till the 4th qtr to start playing... Call me crazy, the good teams like to put points up through out the game...
 

Tideboy

<img class="alignleft" src="http://www.rolltidebam
Extra Point Club
Meh....I dunno. I'm deeply, deeply concerned about our O. Something is terribly amiss there. We are a lot further away than I thought after the Arkansas game.

This is not a very good FSU team.
 
G

Guest

Tideboy said:
Meh....I dunno. I'm deeply, deeply concerned about our O. Something is terribly amiss there. We are a lot further away than I thought after the Arkansas game.

This is not a very good FSU team.

That's more along the lines of my thoughts. This was not a good team. So that doesn't say much for us either......
 
G

Guest

Consider the fact that our offense looks bad real bad!

We don't throw the ball well, nor do we take it deep. Even thou we got DJ Hall for some reason I've yet to see why we don't. Running game has come up lame and we are in tailspin. As of right now we need to get back to running the damn ball working off that.

Yes, Yes, I know Saban will come here and read my words of wisdom. Beat you to it smartazz... :lol:
 

BigAl

Verified Member
Century Club
Optimus said:
bamatommy said:
I think we're actually close to being pretty good. Even though our offense played so poorly most of the day, we still came back and made it a close game. We almost got the onside kick, but it hit Jimmy Johns in the head. :D

I'm encouraged that we can still hang in to the end. When we went down 21-7, it looked pretty bleak. We scored a touchdown to make it 14-7 and then the Seminoles scored on one play. Very disheartening. But we still made it go down to the wire. We're actually not too far away from breaking out, in my opinion. We came back against Georgia and put it into overtime, and we overcame a late surge by Arkansas to win.

Hang on, fellow Tiders. We're almost there.

I don't know what game you watched buddy. I can't see us being close. When the team doesn't show any life till the 4th qtr to start playing... Call me crazy, the good teams like to put points up through out the game...
Actually we've played 3 hard fought games back to back to back with very little depth. All things considering we're doing fairly good the coaching is there but the execution isnt there yet. You know the old saying that dont kill us only makes us stronger. Time is the only thing that will correct this situation.
 
G

Guest

bamatommy said:
Optimus said:
bamatommy said:
Optimus said:
I don't know what game you watched buddy.
:shock:

Just puttin in my 2 cents brother Tommy. Didn't mean anything by it.... :twisted:

I know. No offense taken.

Maybe I'm just trying to rationalize things so I don't fall on my sword. :lol:

You could be right man. Hell maybe, I just don't see what you're seeing on the field..
 

bamatommy

Thread Starter
Crimson Tide Club
Optimus said:
bamatommy said:
Optimus said:
bamatommy said:
Optimus said:
I don't know what game you watched buddy.
:shock:

Just puttin in my 2 cents brother Tommy. Didn't mean anything by it.... :twisted:

I know. No offense taken.

Maybe I'm just trying to rationalize things so I don't fall on my sword. :lol:

You could be right man. Hell maybe, I just don't see what you're seeing on the field..

We didn't look pretty by any means, but we had a chance until the very end.
 

Wiseace615

Verified Member
Extra Point Club
Okay, I gotta say something here, and I don't mean this as an attack on your post, Optimus, so please don't take it that way. It's just that you said something that I've been hearing a lot: "We need to get DJ Hall the ball."

I agree that DJ is probably the best WR on the team. So, if I know that , and everyone here knows that, doesn't it stand to reason that every defensive coordinator that we play against knows that as well? Maybe I'm looking at things wrong, but it seems to me that if other teams view DJ as our most dangerous weapon, then they are going to put extra guys on him. It also seems that if DJ is not open the ball gets thrown away more often than not. Now, if DJ has extra coverage, then it stands to reason that someone has less coverage on them. It's a fact that we have more depth and talent at WR than at any other position, so I have a hard time believing that the answer to all of our problems is get DJ the ball. We have plenty of play makers at that position if we can find them when they are open and get them the ball. Look at the Arkansas game for proof. Again, I'm not meaning to attack anyone's post, or to call out any players. I just believe that if we look at DJ hall as the only answer and other teams take him out of the game, then we're lost. If we can get back to spreading the ball around and utilizing all of the receivers that we have, then opposing D's won't be able to stack up on just one. JMO.
 
G

Guest

Tideboy said:
Meh....I dunno. I'm deeply, deeply concerned about our O. Something is terribly amiss there. We are a lot further away than I thought after the Arkansas game.

This is not a very good FSU team.

I guess we just made 'em look good then. :? They looked very physical, hard hitting and fast. Unfortunately for us they had 2 QB's ready for game action depending on who got the hot hand.

Drew Weatherford wasn't getting it done, but Xavier Lee was ready to provide a spark and a different type challenge for us. We don't have that same option at QB right now. :?
 

252BAMA

AKA: ALA2262
Touchdown Club
BigAl said:
Optimus said:
bamatommy said:
I think we're actually close to being pretty good. Even though our offense played so poorly most of the day, we still came back and made it a close game. We almost got the onside kick, but it hit Jimmy Johns in the head. :D

I'm encouraged that we can still hang in to the end. When we went down 21-7, it looked pretty bleak. We scored a touchdown to make it 14-7 and then the Seminoles scored on one play. Very disheartening. But we still made it go down to the wire. We're actually not too far away from breaking out, in my opinion. We came back against Georgia and put it into overtime, and we overcame a late surge by Arkansas to win.

Hang on, fellow Tiders. We're almost there.

I don't know what game you watched buddy. I can't see us being close. When the team doesn't show any life till the 4th qtr to start playing... Call me crazy, the good teams like to put points up through out the game...
Actually we've played 3 hard fought games back to back to back with very little depth. All things considering we're doing fairly good the coaching is there but the execution isnt there yet. You know the old saying that dont kill us only makes us stronger. Time is the only thing that will correct this situation.

The 3 hard fought games back to back was really showing yesterday. Actually I would include Vandy, and call it four. Debate all you want about open dates, but facts are facts. When Bama played Vandy, Arkansas was off. When Bama played Arkansas, UGA played WCU. When Bama played UGA, FSU was off. Don't try to tell me that doesn't mean anything, because I've been watching this stuff too long, and I ain't buying it.
 

bamafan4ever

Scholarship Club
252BAMA said:
BigAl said:
Optimus said:
bamatommy said:
I think we're actually close to being pretty good. Even though our offense played so poorly most of the day, we still came back and made it a close game. We almost got the onside kick, but it hit Jimmy Johns in the head. :D

I'm encouraged that we can still hang in to the end. When we went down 21-7, it looked pretty bleak. We scored a touchdown to make it 14-7 and then the Seminoles scored on one play. Very disheartening. But we still made it go down to the wire. We're actually not too far away from breaking out, in my opinion. We came back against Georgia and put it into overtime, and we overcame a late surge by Arkansas to win.

Hang on, fellow Tiders. We're almost there.

I don't know what game you watched buddy. I can't see us being close. When the team doesn't show any life till the 4th qtr to start playing... Call me crazy, the good teams like to put points up through out the game...
Actually we've played 3 hard fought games back to back to back with very little depth. All things considering we're doing fairly good the coaching is there but the execution isnt there yet. You know the old saying that dont kill us only makes us stronger. Time is the only thing that will correct this situation.

The 3 hard fought games back to back was really showing yesterday. Actually I would include Vandy, and call it four. Debate all you want about open dates, but facts are facts. When Bama played Vandy, Arkansas was off. When Bama played Arkansas, UGA played WCU. When Bama played UGA, FSU was off. Don't try to tell me that doesn't mean anything, because I've been watching this stuff too long, and I ain't buying it.

252BAMA,

You made a very good point! There are a total of 5 teams that have off weeks before they play us this year. Tennessee, for once, will not be one of them but it should be noted that during their run of success against Alabama, they almost always had off weeks before they played UF and us.

This year, our off week comes before LSU and we have UL-Monroe before we play AU. Could bode well for a couple of big games down the road.

BTW, anyone who insinuates that was a below average D for the 'noles needs to show me what an above average D looks like.
 
G

Guest

Wiseace615 said:
Okay, I gotta say something here, and I don't mean this as an attack on your post, Optimus, so please don't take it that way. It's just that you said something that I've been hearing a lot: "We need to get DJ Hall the ball."

I agree that DJ is probably the best WR on the team. So, if I know that , and everyone here knows that, doesn't it stand to reason that every defensive coordinator that we play against knows that as well? Maybe I'm looking at things wrong, but it seems to me that if other teams view DJ as our most dangerous weapon, then they are going to put extra guys on him. It also seems that if DJ is not open the ball gets thrown away more often than not. Now, if DJ has extra coverage, then it stands to reason that someone has less coverage on them. It's a fact that we have more depth and talent at WR than at any other position, so I have a hard time believing that the answer to all of our problems is get DJ the ball. We have plenty of play makers at that position if we can find them when they are open and get them the ball. Look at the Arkansas game for proof. Again, I'm not meaning to attack anyone's post, or to call out any players. I just believe that if we look at DJ hall as the only answer and other teams take him out of the game, then we're lost. If we can get back to spreading the ball around and utilizing all of the receivers that we have, then opposing D's won't be able to stack up on just one. JMO.

Ok flip side of the coin, FSU used Fagg, found ways to get him the ball. Remember 3rd qtr drive resulted in a TD! Or when he broke the game open with an 70 yrd TD! I would say that's proof that getting the ball in a play makers hands helps.

I mean I'm sure that our defensive coordinator knew Fagg should be covered every play. Yet, FSU found a way to get him open so the player could make plays in open space.

Also given the fact we had 89 yrds rushing FOR THE ENTIRE GAME. Shows we couldn't run the ball. Thus, you should try to get the ball in play makers hands and see what happens you might get an 70 yrd td...

I agree we should speard the ball around. The only problem is the ball has to get there. It can't be rushed, overthrown, or behind the wideouts. We are not at that point right now.

I think we can all agree FSU isn't the powerhouse it was in the 90's. We should have, would have, or could have but we didn't! Just like last week..

I mean if we are content with 4.5 yrds passing, 89 yrds rushing, and to go 6/20 on 3rd down. If that's the case it's going to be a long season...
 

bamafan850

Verified Member
Sideline Club
quote]

252BAMA,



BTW, anyone who insinuates that was a below average D for the 'noles needs to show me what an above average D looks like.[/quote]


Yea Florida State's D was able to hold UAB to 24 points. Very impressive.
 
Top Bottom