| GAME THREAD šŸˆ WEEK ONE: Labor Day features Clemson and Ga Tech.

I guess blocked punts shouldnā€™t count. Lol

Took those blocked punts to keep them right side up in the game, because their offense sure wasn't doing it. I'll say it again, a 21 point spread against an inferior team that is 3-9 the last two years, and it takes two blocked punts to get you into scoring position. Clemson should have dominated an overmatched Tech team, like Georgia did Oregon, Alabama did Utah State. There are still a lot of questions about this Clemson team, and I personally think they lose three games this year.

Took those blocked punts to keep them right side up in the game, because their offense sure wasn't doing it. I'll say it again, a 21 point spread against an inferior team that is 3-9 the last two years, and it takes two blocked punts to get you into scoring position. Clemson should have dominated an overmatched Tech team, like Georgia did Oregon, Alabama did Utah State. There are still a lot of questions about this Clemson team, and I personally think they lose three games this year.
Yeah, ND is one, FSU with no TO's take them to the wire, NC State (L last year) and Miami will be difficult for them, too. On the bright side, they miss Pitt (L last year), and they may not have to play again this year in the ACCCG, limiting their number of potential losses. Bowl game...I guess you'd have to ask are they a better team relative to their opponents this year, or will they repeat at 10-3?

In 2018 Clemson beat Syracuse by 4 points.
Just saying you canā€™t judge a team after one game.

You can when the same quarterback hasn't progressed. he's had another offseason and dropped 30 pounds, and I did not see anything different. The best play of the night was him falling and dumping off the Shipley. Would have been very interesting had that play not happened. Then you have lack of wide receiver help. If you all of a sudden think they go from this to dominating teams that push them and actually have a little depth, I think you'll be sadly mistaken.

A lot of judgement passed based on first game. !!!!!!!

And suggesting NCState as power See ho they lucked out vs G5 team. And NC vs G5 team. And fsu vs really crap lsu team

Give things a few weeks. Then we can draw constructive analysis

Most of this negativity is based on dislike of Clemson and dabo.
May be accurate but gotta wait to tell

You can when the same quarterback hasn't progressed. he's had another offseason and dropped 30 pounds, and I did not see anything different. The best play of the night was him falling and dumping off the Shipley. Would have been very interesting had that play not happened. Then you have lack of wide receiver help. If you all of a sudden think they go from this to dominating teams that push them and actually have a little depth, I think you'll be sadly mistaken.
Trevor Lawrence didnā€™t start as QB until game 4 in 2018. Cade Klubnick will take over no later than game 4. We shall see then.

Trevor Lawrence didnā€™t start as QB until game 4 in 2018. Cade Klubnick will take over no later than game 4. We shall see then.

Well, yes, if they get a new quarterback I think they are a Top 10 team, but still not a Top 4 team. I don't know who that 3rd and 4th team is yet, but right now Alabama and Georgia are givens. Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Florida, and Utah had better showings and are fighting for two spots in my mind. I even think Arkansas probably gives Clemson a run for their money.

If Clemson would have started Klubnick the game would have been over after the first quarter. He will start game 4.
I honestly think they SHOULD start him already, it's obvious from watching the offensive struggles the most problematic is the QB position for Clemson. They can't expect the defense to bail them out in every game. If it's a closer game next time and they need DJ to drive 90 yards for a td, I'd bet against him. Klubnick may not be as seasoned or smart with the ball, but he is definitely a better pure passer.

I honestly think they SHOULD start him already, it's obvious from watching the offensive struggles the most problematic is the QB position for Clemson. They can't expect the defense to bail them out in every game. If it's a closer game next time and they need DJ to drive 90 yards for a td, I'd bet against him. Klubnick may not be as seasoned or smart with the ball, but he is definitely a better pure passer.
They have Furman and LA Tech at home the next two weeks. Good time to make the change so he has starter jitters over before they travel to Wake Forest in game 4.

Back
Top Bottom