| FTBL Volleyball Has Consumed All Sports

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Staff
Watching softball, basketball and football, I’m struck by the measure of assistance and rescue that has been imprinted upon these sports by volleyball. The longtime assistance, as if each dig resulted in a spinal injury, along with celebratory convulsions for a point, in each college volleyball game has fully migrated to other sports. When a net doesn’t divide participants, peeling off foreign combatants gets a bit dicey. I don’t see the rush to go grab every person who’s on the ground and pick them up. Can we not just bootstrap?

@It Takes Eleven how much of this is ingrained, instinctive? IE: The nurturing nature vs the provider mentality.
Perhaps, but I think it's just copycat, and I don't really have a problem with it as long as they're not grabbing opposing players to get to their guy. The only time they should pull a player off the pile is if they're delaying the game by staying on the pile, or someone's being given the business.

Perhaps, but I think it's just copycat, and I don't really have a problem with it
When reading your original post another thought was the softball dugouts and the coordinated cheers...which led to "mascots" for each season.

Are they mimicking baseball players and their superstitions but adding the "female touch?"

Back
Top Bottom