| FTBL Video of National Championship celebration

sk33tr

el jefe
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. - The Alabama football team will be honored for its College Football Playoff National Championship with a parade beginning at Denny Chimes and a program held on the north steps of Bryant-Denny Stadium at the Walk of Champions on Saturday, Jan. 20.

more info here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Say what you will, but to me, Alabama fans don't look like they're that tired of winning.

DUBFv-GWkAEibV_

• kyle h

With five national championships in the past nine years, Saturday’s celebration was a feeling that many Alabama players have grown accustomed to. However, the thrill of bringing home a title never gets old.

“I just know it’s something that a lot of guys will probably never be able to experience, man. I won’t take it for granted,” Evans said. “I’m truly blessed to be able to experience all the things that I did. This university has given me everything that I could possible to have, man, to be the best person I could be.”

Bozeman and Evans were a part of Alabama’s senior class that finished with a 53-5 record, the most wins by any class in NCAA history. Over the past four years, the Crimson Tide has won two national championships, three SEC Championships and four appearances in the College Football Playoff.

“Five years ago about to the date, I was sitting in the same seats as you guys were sitting in as a recruit knowing I was about to join something really special,” Bozeman said to the crowd. “Today I stand here a part of something pretty special. I just wanted to thank all of y’all for making this so special, this journey has been unreal.”

While Alabama has had several reasons to celebrate over what has been the great dynasty college football has ever seen, this year’s title might be the sweetest achievement, especially considering how much Alabama had to overcome to achieve it.

Alabama was plagued with several substantial injuries to key players throughout the season but rose up and answered the call through every setback. Overcoming a 13-0 deficit to Georgia in the College Football Playoff National Championship was just the final obstacle the Crimson Tide had to conquer on its quest to reclaim its spot atop college football’s elite.

“I really do think that this season and even the final game probably was a metaphor of life for us all to learn from,” Saban said. “The challenges that the season created, the challenges that the game created, getting behind in the game, coming back in the game, losing a game and having to come back from that.

"The people that stepped up with the opportunities that were created because of players missing and always stepping up at a high level and to receive the challenge that they had to perform to and be able to play to a level that we could still succeed. The collective leadership that these guys showed each other so that they supported each other regardless of the circumstance. They always stayed together, they always played together. And their ability to persevere, their ability to overcome adversity, the resolve that they had as a group.”

Saban continued, stating how proud he was of his team and what it has accomplished. He concluded by challenging his seniors to “Use the lessons that you learned in this season to help you be more successful in life,” while reminding the returning players to get ready for new challenges for the future.

As for the fans in the attendance, the head coach had one final message.

“Let everybody know that we're not finished,” He said letting the fans and players fill in the final word: “Yet.”​

Back
Top Bottom