| NEWS USC spends more in buildup of football under Muschamp. 'It's part of the evolution'

• Thread starter The Greenville News
  • Start date
USCe....hype.....only....
And @BamaFan334 .....really? UGA is loaded....
and for the future....... will take TN or Florida to rebuild to stop them...
Right ? @TerryP

They are replacing like 80% of their production from last year. If they had three to five years of revolution, maybe, but Chubb, Michel, Wims, Roquan, Carter, Thompson, Bellamy, and everyone else, just too much for a young program to lose without taking a step back. Think Alabama in 2010, except Alabama had the talent. Arguably the most talented team Saban has had. Just very difficult to replicate what they did. Which says even more about what Saban has accomplished. Also think, Ohio State keeps slipping up and they are arguably thr second most talented team every year behind us.

South Carolina has a Top 3 quarterback in the SEC to me. Debo Samuel is awesone, and Muschamp will sport a defense to compete.

USCe....hype.....only....
And @BamaFan334 .....really? UGA is loaded....
and for the future....... will take TN or Florida to rebuild to stop them...
Right ? @TerryP
One of the moves Boom made at Florida was hiring Kurt Roper as one his offensive coordinators. I wondered about the hire then--though UF's offense could only improve at that point--and was shocked he hired Roper when he took over in Columbia. Now that Roper is no longer his OC and he's promoted Bryan McClendon I think we need to take a pause on their offense. It's likely better than expected (especially if their bowl game with him calling plays is any indication.)

@BamaFan334 ......ok....respect that... dont agree....but respect it...
Ohio State has unbelievable opportunity....to be in a state with so much HS talent...
And be the only major program.....
So opposite of Clemson....
See how season works out on QBs....
RTR

Yes, the quarterbacks will be key this year for both teams. I think Clemson has the edge here, solely because of Trevor Lawrence. He's from Georgia, so I have been able to follow him pretty closely the last few years and he is just great. I think he gives Clemson the head to head over Ohio State, but if Clemson goes through anything like we did injury wise last year, they will lose some games in my eyes, whereas I think Ohio State can plug and play a little deeper and survive. Minus dropping a dud like at Iowa last year!!!

@BamaFan334 ......ok....respect that... dont agree....but respect it...
Ohio State has unbelievable opportunity....to be in a state with so much HS talent...
And be the only major program.....
So opposite of Clemson....
See how season works out on QBs....
RTR

Yes, the quarterbacks will be key this year for both teams. I think Clemson has the edge here, solely because of Trevor Lawrence. He's from Georgia, so I have been able to follow him pretty closely the last few years and he is just great. I think he gives Clemson the head to head over Ohio State, but if Clemson goes through anything like we did injury wise last year, they will lose some games in my eyes, whereas I think Ohio State can plug and play a little deeper and survive. Minus dropping a dud like at Iowa last year!!!

I'd give Clemson the nod over over Ohio St in most position groups and in both coordinator positions, as well as head coach. Clemson may not beat Ohio St in recruiting rankings, but their 4*s hit at an amazingly high rate.

Back
Top Bottom