| HOW TO Uploading HEIC format photos

Bamabww

Bench Warmer
I've been away for awhile and tried to look through this forum for a solution but overlooked it if one exist. All of the photos I try to upload to the site are off an Apple Iphone which stores them in HEIC format. Before i can upload them I have to convert them to a JPEG format. Is there a work-around having to do that with each photo I try to upload? @doemasters , @planomateo , @TerryP any advice?

I've been away for awhile and tried to look through this forum for a solution but overlooked it if one exist. All of the photos I try to upload to the site are off an Apple Iphone which stores them in HEIC format. Before i can upload them I have to convert them to a JPEG format. Is there a work-around having to do that with each photo I try to upload? @doemasters , @planomateo , @TerryP any advice?
iOS 11?

I have to look this up @Bamabww ... as I recall, it came up in 2017 and there were settings within the camera function of your phone that will correct the issue. I'll try to get into it before the day actually gets going...it's going to be a busy Tuesday for me.
Not something to worry about @TerryP , just wondered if there was a quick fix. I think there should be a setting for it in the phone but I'm not smart enough to find it. I'll see if Google can help.

I found this on Google and checked my phone. I had already changed those settings so something else is not right on my end.

Scroll down to "Camera," tap "Formats" and pick "most compatible" for JPEG and "high efficiency" for HEIC. Apple Photos also can be configured to convert HEIC into JPEGs. Tap "Photos" in the iOS settings app, find the "Transfer to Mac or PC" section, then choose "automatic."Oct 6, 2017

I found this on Google and checked my phone. I had already changed those settings so something else is not right on my end.

Scroll down to "Camera," tap "Formats" and pick "most compatible" for JPEG and "high efficiency" for HEIC. Apple Photos also can be configured to convert HEIC into JPEGs. Tap "Photos" in the iOS settings app, find the "Transfer to Mac or PC" section, then choose "automatic."Oct 6, 2017
That reads about like I remember seeing a couple of years ago. I've got the new version of the site sitting in the background that may eliminate any issue at all. I don't want to run it live until the season is over (or we're at least in a break for a week or two.)

Back
Top Bottom