| MBB/WBB UPDATE 9/29: New Patch article: Pre-Trial Immunity Hearing For Darius Miles Started Today

An excerpt from Mile's attorney

"While Darius has been accused of being involved with this tragedy, he maintains his innocence and looks forward to his day in court. Our firm's own investigation is ongoing, and no further statement will be made at this time."

Miles is likely going to distance himself from Davis and point out that the gun was not supposed to be used for violence. So criminal conspiracy, unlikely, more than likely they can get accessory to stick if anything.
Accessory is subsection (f) of the conspiracy statute.

Accessory is subsection (f) of the conspiracy statute.
Every one who is an accessory after the fact to murder is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for life.

Pulled this from the records, conspiracy is an all encompassing statute in Alabama apparently, but unfortunately subsection f says...

(f) Liability as accomplice. - Accomplice liability for offenses committed in furtherance of a conspiracy is to be determined as provided in Section 13A-2-23.

That table states he's likely doing a Class A felony. Though, I think he will argue intent much like Miller had 0 intent it's just that his will be much harder because he was present as the scene and part of the altercations that led up to the murder. I could see him getting a lesser charge and Davis going away from longer time. We will see though.

you weren’t there … you have one side of the facts…
None of us were there. We all have partial information.

Miller is a witness and is not on trial. If Miles attorneys feel like they can use Miller to help their case for sure they will. On the impact to Miller, this may have alread impacted his future. When it comes to sports figures I am amazed at what they do and still are able to play and make a lot of money.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom