| MBB/WBB UPDATE 9/29: New Patch article: Pre-Trial Immunity Hearing For Darius Miles Started Today

Miles charge and arrest was correct.. If enough exculpatory info comes forward then the charges can be dropped or reduced…but he did have a role in a murder in an automobile, (as an accomplice) … A vehicular murder is capital murder by law…It would be a capital murder if Miles was shot and killed by the passenger in the back …Most all capital murder suspects do not get bond… Miles and his buddy called for the weapon and used it (whether Miller knew it our not)… They should’ve UN-ASSED the area instead of hanging around it…Miles may end up with some kind of conviction in the end, for sticking around looking for trouble…

Miles charge and arrest was correct.. If enough exculpatory info comes forward then the charges can be dropped or reduced…but he did have a role in a murder in an automobile, (as an accomplice) … A vehicular murder is capital murder by law…It would be a capital murder if Miles was shot and killed by the passenger in the back …Most all capital murder suspects do not get bond… Miles and his buddy called for the weapon and used it (whether Miller knew it our not)… They should’ve UN-ASSED the area instead of hanging around it…Miles may end up with some kind of conviction in the end, for sticking around looking for trouble…
Question is... They need a witness to support that theory .... Without him... Everything is speculation and in end Miles might get misdemeanor charges Davis might still get prison time....

Question is... They need a witness to support that theory .... Without him... Everything is speculation and in end Miles might get misdemeanor charges Davis might still get prison time....
We shall see… They should have just attempted to walk away…I know sometimes trouble just won’t let a person…I think too much bravado is what caused this situation..

Hasn't Miles already admitted to providing the gun for the shooter? Not sure you need more than that to show his involvement.

I mean, I went over this earlier on. There's varying degrees of murders/deaths in the state and it's hard to know what classification it would be if in-fact the man in the car, Johnson, shot first. I don't believe it would be capital murder, they would assume premeditation to commit the murder, which would not be present if he was firing defensively. Also, you can't be an accomplice to a self-defense situation, so Miles may have his case dropped entirely in that instance of the law. The other possibility is they lower all charges to manslaughter and reduce the sentences, which would put both of them behind bars still but for much less time. Justice system is so weird and convoluted that cases like this set the precedent more than they follow a precedent. I wouldn't be surprised if they both walked or if the charges were changed a bit. I do believe both sides should have the full evidence, most judges won't stand for playground crap like that. Surprised the DA/Police are going that route, it won't help their case.

I mean, I went over this earlier on. There's varying degrees of murders/deaths in the state and it's hard to know what classification it would be if in-fact the man in the car, Johnson, shot first. I don't believe it would be capital murder, they would assume premeditation to commit the murder, which would not be present if he was firing defensively. Also, you can't be an accomplice to a self-defense situation, so Miles may have his case dropped entirely in that instance of the law. The other possibility is they lower all charges to manslaughter and reduce the sentences, which would put both of them behind bars still but for much less time. Justice system is so weird and convoluted that cases like this set the precedent more than they follow a precedent. I wouldn't be surprised if they both walked or if the charges were changed a bit. I do believe both sides should have the full evidence, most judges won't stand for playground crap like that. Surprised the DA/Police are going that route, it won't help their case.
To kill someone in a drive by shooting or kill a person inside a vehicle must be charged as capital murder first… thats cut and dried… but It could end up being a lesser included offense added to the indictments..
Now, technically, if it does turn out to be self-defense by miles /Davis then the in-car shooter could possibly be charged capital murder because his actions required self-defense that involved a death of his passenger/driver… you can be charged with capital murder if you rob a store and throw the gun on the ground.. the gun discharges, and kills an innocent bystander…

Ha, shit, one witness dead and another already back in jail from another crime. They Ll need to be locked up as far as I'm concerned at this point. I'll be dMned if I ever want my kids getting hit by a stray bullet trying to have a little fun while in college with people like this roaming campus.

Ha, shit, one witness dead and another already back in jail from another crime. They Ll need to be locked up as far as I'm concerned at this point. I'll be dMned if I ever want my kids getting hit by a stray bullet trying to have a little fun while in college with people like this roaming campus.

Problem is. A generation growing up with shit attitudes and carry guns.
Guns aren't problem but they need to crack down on kid's carrying guns.

And their nba hero's flaunting them.

Don't even get me started on that dumbass.
Calling him a dumbass is being polite. Of all cities for the biggest sports star of the city (in a generation) to keep waving guns like they are peace signs. It’s insane. In the city where residents drive around Dodge Chargers doing doughnuts in the interstates holding AR’s out the window. As if Memphis young males need any more encouragement. Insane…

Back
Top Bottom