| MBB/WBB UPDATE 9/29: New Patch article: Pre-Trial Immunity Hearing For Darius Miles Started Today

Oh, I guess I have wandered onto the Communist China Bama message board where the presumption of innocense is thrown out the window and people are judged, condemned and villified based on people's opinions, assumptions and prejudgments. EVEN when there is actually no evidence supporting those assumptions other than their own personal prejudgments. I just don't understand why people are so anxious and eager to condemn others.

Whose condemning anyone? Basically we are all saying it was a dumbass decision and his dumbass couldn't have thought that was a good idea and that ice cream and rainbows would come of it. No one said Miller should get the elctric chair and go to jail.

I am not sure what you are saying. Miller used his vehicle to bookend the victims in their car?

Would you mind sharing your source?

Is there anyone going on record for this account?

These matters shouldn't be perpetuated by hearsay/gossip. There needs to be source material. If any of us were accused or caught in the crossfire of such things, we'd want the truth to be purported not mere speculation.

On the return trip, police allege that Miller parked his car in a manner that blocked the Jeep that Harris, her boyfriend and a cousin, who is an Alabama student, were in. Bradley also allegedly parked his car in that manner.

On the return trip, police allege that Miller parked his car in a manner that blocked the Jeep that Harris, her boyfriend and a cousin, who is an Alabama student, were in. Bradley also allegedly parked his car in that manner.

Good article with pretty concise account of events.

The challenge the PD has with Miller is charging him that he conspired to the murder. Meaning he knew what was going to happen & willfully engaged. If all there is a text from Miles (who did not even have the gun) asking/telling him to return to get his gun & Miller returning then assisting to box them in, does not mean that the intent to kill anyone was at hand. Acquiring a loaded pistol is not necessarily a predisposition for murder.

After reading the article, Miles told the disgruntled/drunk Davis about the pistol, who then grabbed it out of Miller's car & unloaded on the victim & her boyfriend. That could have happened in seconds.

Yes, if Miller had ignored the texts (I wish he had), etc, this situation may have been avoided or Davis might even be dead. But doesn't mean Miller is responsible for what Miles & Davis did.

Miller is going to have to have to deal with the repercussions for the rest of his life but it not a criminal basis for prosecution.

At least as the facts are revealed for now.

Its a Capital Murder charge… if they have Probable Cause it’s very difficult to get a bond…If he is arrested his career at Bama is shot… it’s more difficult to defeat a conspiracy charge than the capital murder indictment
Conspiracy would be an A felony. He'll get a high bond, but he'll get one, IF he's indicted. And I'm not convinced he will be indicted.

Since we're all just throwing out rumors without the facts. Why don't we have a in-depth discussion on how the shadow government controls us all and global warming actually killed the girl instead, because we don't regulate our emissions enough. My god, I can see some of you sitting in tin foil hats in your basement right now.

There is a 0% chance Miller is arrested, much less indicted, over his involvement with this. Have fun with the hypotheticals of it all I guess, but it is fantasy island territory.
Yep! A few posters on here with some great “hypotheticals/conspiracy” theories here on how to make Miller complicit in this tragedy and thus kick him off of the team! The follow up by Robinson had a better explanation of the “why or why not’s”.

Not a lawyer so not sure what exactly, if anything, Miller is legally responsible for.

To me there's a glaring issue of what Nate Oats is responsible for. What kind of coach are we talking about? Aren't we looking for leaders to help young men become more responsible, successful members of society by holding them accountable and actually applying teachable moments? The fact that his star player brought a loaded weapon to his teammate that was then used to kill an innocent mother appears to never have been addressed in any type of disciplinary manner is pretty wild. And then to comment "wrong place wrong time", as if it was a complete accident of misfortune, is astounding.

I think back to the rant CNS gave about giving guys 2nd chances. That response started because DJ Pettway was brought up. If you remember CNS kicked him and others off the team for an assault situation. DJ went to Scuba and accomplished a list of things CNS asked of him to be allowed back to UA. The kid did it, came back, and ended up having a very successful career. I say that to say, there is difference between giving a guy 2nd chances after holding them to account for poor decision making and/or teaching an actual lesson, and just sweeping something under the rug for personal temporary gain. This is not a good look for any Coach in general, let alone someone in Oats' position.

Back
Top Bottom