| MBB/WBB UPDATE 9/29: New Patch article: Pre-Trial Immunity Hearing For Darius Miles Started Today

Kids today.

I just don’t understand this mentality where kids go to guns first , instead of throwing hands. I’m 53 and as a high schooler me and my friends carried guns to school ( they would hang in the back widow of the truck ) cause we had either been hunting earlier that morning or maybe going that evening with a friend. We never thought of a school shooting or grabbing our guns if we were about to get in a fight.. Even if we lost that was never a thought.

Just for clarification, the gun belonged to Miles, but Miller did bring it to him. Very bad decision on Miller's part, and something he will have to live with, but nothing illegal in how it went down. Would imagine the victim's family will go after him in civil court though since he's about to be worth $$$$$$$$.

The Tuscaloosa police chief told Al.com that Miller isn’t facing charges because “there’s nothing we could charge him with according to the law.”

That's BS because he's a star player.

From the Alabama Criminal Code:
Criminal conspiracy generally.
(a) A person is guilty of criminal conspiracy if, with the intent that conduct constituting an offense be performed, he agrees with one or more persons to engage in or cause the performance of such conduct, and any one or more of such persons does an overt act to effect an objective of the agreement.

Per Al.com, police said in a preliminary hearing that Miles sent Miller a text message to bring Miles' gun to where the shooting took place.

He should be gone, too.

A little story on Miller and how dumb of a decision he made and how he very easily could have cost himself everything. I had a friend offer him a large sum of money for a game worn jersey. He laughed at the offer and expressed he already has $20M in guaranteed money and did not need to sell for a five figure sum. I say that simply to show how dumb he'd be to get out of his bubble in less than a year at the time he would have the world in the palm of his hand, but he's transporting hand guns in crowded public places. Now where on Earth does that scream "this is a smart decisions"?

A little story on Miller and how dumb of a decision he made and how he very easily could have cost himself everything. I had a friend offer him a large sum of money for a game worn jersey. He laughed at the offer and expressed he already has $20M in guaranteed money and did not need to sell for a five figure sum. I say that simply to show how dumb he'd be to get out of his bubble in less than a year at the time he would have the world in the palm of his hand, but he's transporting hand guns in crowded public places. Now where on Earth does that scream "this is a smart decisions"?
Yep. It screams criminal decision.

Just for clarification, the gun belonged to Miles, but Miller did bring it to him at hie request. Very bad decision on Miller's part, and something he will have to live with, but nothing illegal in how it went down. Would imagine the victim's family will go after him in civil court though since he's about to be worth $$$$$$$$.
Dont think family will go after him. He had no idea what was going on.

@BamaFan334 please edit the title! Miller made a hap hazard decision but as @Brandon Van de Graaff stated earlier, the weapon belonged to Miles, not Miller.
As I type this ESPN just sent notification that Brandon Miller allegedly “provided” the gun. I guess putting it all out there doesn’t get the clicks.
If Miles thought he was in trouble, his text could’ve been seen as needing it for self defense. What the actual text was, only the court knows as of right now. Miller made a poor decision either way.

That's BS because he's a star player.

From the Alabama Criminal Code:

He should be gone, too.

There is zero evidence that he knew the gun was going to be used in a crime. The lead investigator even said today during the hearing that Miller's statements that morning lined up well with other witness and video evidence that they had. He's guilty of making a bad decision, of which we may never know the true intent of. But it is completely plausible that he thought Miles was in danger based on the stuff that had transpired and he assumed it was for self defense purposes.

@BamaFan334 please edit the title! Miller made a hap hazard decision but as @Brandon Van de Graaff stated earlier, the weapon belonged to Miles, not Miller.
As I type this ESPN just sent notification that Brandon Miller allegedly “provided” the gun. I guess putting it all out there doesn’t get the clicks.
If Miles thought he was in trouble, his text could’ve been seen as needing it for self defense. What the actual text was, only the court knows as of right now. Miller made a poor decision either way.
Miles didn't think he was in trouble. He was handing it off with explicit instructions that it was loaded.

There is zero evidence that he knew the gun was going to be used in a crime. The lead investigator even said today during the hearing that Miller's statements that morning lined up well with other witness and video evidence that they had. He's guilty of making a bad decision, of which we may never know the true intent of. But it is completely plausible that he thought Miles was in danger based on the stuff that had transpired and he assumed it was for self defense purposes.
You can believe that if you want, but it doesn't pass the smell test.

Miles didn't think he was in trouble. He was handing it off with explicit instructions that it was loaded.
This is your opinion after the fact or did you read the text from Miles to Miller?
What I said was that Miles may have worded the text in a way as to make Miller think he was in trouble.
Miles did tell Davis that one was in the hole. If you were reading from the al.com article, I can see where that could’ve been easily confused. That was a click bait job to make UA, Miller, and everyone else look guilty as Hell.

Back
Top Bottom