| FTBL UPDATE 6/1: Tony Mitchell has been reinstated

I know you were not asking me but I will offer my opinion, no not a thug but a bully yes.

Nah, he's more than a bully. A bully picks on you a little and ruffs you up some. This guy plays nasty, runs his mouth, and literally attempts to hurt people, and then sees nothing wrong with how he's acting. Something their entire athletic department is starting to look like.

I don't like it. To me, when someone use the word Thug, it implies racist tone.

Terrible reference as this was back in 90s....
I haven't looked this morning so this may have changed. Years ago, while looking through various definitions of the word thug—including the urban dictionary and slang references—I didn't find an instance of race being included in its definition.

I have to admit I found your reply a bit funny...in an ironic sort of way. His reference was something in the '90's, your implying it carries a racial tone is 1800's. The origin of the word comes from a group of thieves out of India.

It's how he plays the game. On a box out playing D? I didn't see that, but suspect I'd look at it a little differently.

That was just a cheap shot; like a sucker punch.

Maybe he should consider a career in boxing. So happy they are out.

Last edited:
It's how he plays the game. On a box out playing D? I didn't see that, but suspect I'd look at it a little differently.

That was just a cheap shot; like a sucker punch.
Screenshot (160).pngScreenshot (159).png

It's a coaching thing, it's something Rick Barnes teaches, but sorry apparently was James not him. You can watch on the highlights, around the 3:10 mark James just comes sprinting from behind while FAU guy is boxing out and shoves him in the back with the elbow/shoulder to the ground, and then kinda stares him down.

I think of thug as a criminal that is why I said bully but there is probably something in between that characterizes him better. I will say the coach at a minimum is enabling it by allowing it but even worse he may be coaching it. It is fundamentally dirty play and there should be no place for it on the basketball court.

Back
Top Bottom