| FTBL UPDATE 6/1: Tony Mitchell has been reinstated

Something I noticed ...

When they were pulled over and asked about the smell of weed the report says Mitchell pulled out a baggie. Later on in the report, after a search, they found the other things.

Now take a look at this picture. Notice the baggie and then the quantity? That's two different strains.

On an earlier note about charges:

Christophere Lewis, his passenger, faces the same charges, and was additionally charged with “carrying a concealed firearm without a permit,” according to the Holmes County Sheriff’s Office.

I understand Lewis is part of the music scene in Tuscaloosa. I'm also of the understanding the quantity was his, not Mitchell's. Seeing two different strains in the picture supports this based on the police reports timelines.

alabama-player-busted-036.jpg

Something I noticed ...

When they were pulled over and asked about the smell of weed the report says Mitchell pulled out a baggie. Later on in the report, after a search, they found the other things.

Now take a look at this picture. Notice the baggie and then the quantity? That's two different strains.

On an earlier note about charges:

I understand Lewis is part of the music scene in Tuscaloosa. I'm also of the understanding the quantity was his, not Mitchell's. Seeing two different strains in the picture supports this based on the police reports timelines.

alabama-player-busted-036.jpg

Does it even matter if he was associated with him? I am getting more and more confused at how crimes and trials were tried up till this point where if you were there and complicit, you were just as much at fault at the guy that did the crime. Is that not the case anymore?

Snakedoc still wants him off the team.

He's dumb as shit for getting into trouble before he's even gotten to officially practice. I want him gone for being a complete fucking idiot. I don't see how his off the field choices are going to help him or the team on the field. They always intertwine.

You could make the case that Brandon Miller knew nothing about the gun. You cannot make the case that Tony Mitchell did not know what he was doing and what he was caught up in.

He's dumb as shit for getting into trouble before he's even gotten to officially practice. I want him gone for being a complete fucking idiot. I don't see how his off the field choices are going to help him or the team on the field. They always intertwine.

You could make the case that Brandon Miller knew nothing about the gun. You cannot make the case that Tony Mitchell did not know what he was doing and what he was caught up in.
But if it's not his bag......

If you knew what I was doing at 18...... You would've called for me to be expelled from school.

But if it's not his bag......

If you knew what I was doing at 18...... You would've called for me to be expelled from school.

But he already admitted to one being his from what Terry said.

Probably so about your shenanigans. But you weren't also on a full ride from my school that donations and alumni pay into to support. He's also probably signed up for a lot of NIL coming from donor pockets that Saban jumped on us all about as well if we wanted to remain relevant. So if you were on "our dime" and putting the team in a precarious spot, you're right, I would want you gone. Other than that, power to you as long as I'm not adversly affected by your actions.

But he already admitted to one being his from what Terry said.

Probably so about your shenanigans. But you weren't also on a full ride from my school that donations and alumni pay into to support. He's also probably signed up for a lot of NIL coming from donor pockets that Saban jumped on us all about as well if we wanted to remain relevant. So if you were on "our dime" and putting the team in a precarious spot, you're right, I would want you gone. Other than that, power to you as long as I'm not adversly affected by your actions.
I had scholarship.

Tony Mitchell suspended by Alabama after arrest

Alabama freshman defensive back Tony Mitchell has been suspended by the team and “all team activities,” coach Nick Saban said Monday after the first practice of the spring.

“Everybody’s got an opportunity to make choices and decisions,” Saban said. “There’s no such thing as being in the wrong place at the wrong time.”

Mitchell was arrested last Wednesday in Holmes County, Florida and charged with possession of marijuana with intent to sell and/or deliver. Saban said Mitchell will remain suspended as the school gathers information about his arrest and his legal circumstance.

The Holmes County sheriff’s office announced the arrest on Facebook but has not responded to AL.com request for the police report. The Florida state attorney’s office for Holmes County said Monday that Mitchell’s case is not yet in their system and is “exempt from a public records request until such records are given to the defense.”

Continued Saban: “You’ve got to be responsible for who you’re with, who you’re around and what you do; who you associate yourself and the situations that you put yourself in. It is what it is, but there is cause and effect when you make choices and decisions that put you in bad situations.”

The county’s sheriff’s office said in a press release that “[a] significant amount of marijuana, a set of scales, a loaded handgun between the passenger seat and center console, and a large amount of cash” were found in Mitchell’s car. His passenger, Christophere Lewis of Valley Grande, was also arrested on the same marijuana charge and for possession of a concealed firearm without a permit.

Mitchell was a four-star prospect in the 2023 high school class ranked No. 123 in 247 Sports’ composite rankings. He committed to Alabama in June 2022 over Auburn, Georgia and Texas A&M, then signed his letter of intent in December.

Mitchell is one of five incoming freshmen defensive backs for Alabama, a group that includes a pair of five-star enrollees in Caleb Downs and Dezz Ricks. The Tide experienced significant turnover in its secondary this offseason after starting safeties Jordan Battle and DeMarcco Hellams graduated while Eli Ricks and Brian Branch entered the NFL draft as juniors.

Alabama has 13 more spring practices scheduled before its spring game April 22.

So Mitchell was driving and fled from the cops when they tried to stop him. Got up to 141 MPH in the chase. The more the details come out, the less I want this guy associated with our school. Maybe it was his weed, maybe not. Hard to defend fleeing from the cops at those speeds when all indications are he was behind the wheel. Did his “acquaintance” have a gun to his head and make him flee?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom