| FTBL UGA-Alabama set for night game on ESPN

bamabass23

Verified Member
UGA-Alabama set for night game on ESPN
Issue date: 9/15/08 Section: Instant Replay
PrintEmail Article Tools Page 1 of 1 Georgia's home football game with Alabama in Athens on Sept. 27, will be televised by ESPN according to an official announcement Monday by ESPN and the Southeastern Conference. Airtime is set for 7:45 p.m. ET.

This will be Georgia's first appearance on ESPN this season and 50th all time. Georgia's all-time record on ESPN is 25-23-1. Georgia's last game on ESPN was against Alabama last year in Tuscaloosa.

Not sure if this was posted yet or not. I am still in the hunt for tickets!!

psychojoe said:
the_rolltide said:

I am coming out to watch the game with you and Porkchop. I'll be expecting lots of BBQ and brew.

:D

I dunno....i think Porkchop is mad at me :( I dunno why but he isnt talking to me!!! :( :(
or maybe its just that we are never on at the same time! HAHAHA

HAHA. You can come just bring the beer! (che)

We will be in Athens as well to participate in all the pregame festivities. I guess my husband will drag me to the "Dawg Walk" as well. Maybe we will luck up and find some tickets up there. I really hope to find some in the bama section, advantage for me!

TerryP said:
the_rolltide said:

IF I'm not mistaken, this game was picked up by ESPN before the season even kicked off...it was one of their two pre-season picks. (LSU v AU as the other)

I looked at ESPN website and they dont even say yet its there game to televise. I have no idea.

But im sure two top 10 teams will be on ESPN Primetime!
Will Gameday be there? HELL YEAH!!!

Will this be on ESPN, or will it be football on ABC as presented by ESPN like the Clemson game?

I don't have cable right now, just hi def OTA broadcast, so if its only on ESPN, I may have to call my cable company quick!

the_rolltide said:
TerryP said:
the_rolltide said:

IF I'm not mistaken, this game was picked up by ESPN before the season even kicked off...it was one of their two pre-season picks. (LSU v AU as the other)

I looked at ESPN website and they dont even say yet its there game to televise. I have no idea.

ESPN's web site has never been on that is an accurate gauge on what they own network is going to broadcast. Heck, SECSports.com is about as bad and has a better track record than ESPN.

All that said, when ESPN makes their pre-season selections if the game they choose ends up being one where you have two teams that are just horrible they have the right to not televise that game. That may be why it's not listed as of now...

GameDay? Don't know. IF so, it would be two Bama games this year and back to back SEC games as well. So, seems a little unlikely to me.

BUT, there really aren't any other major games that weekend save one, Penn State vs the Illini.

the_rolltide said:
psychojoe said:
I am leaving this afternoon in this vehicle.

But if you leave now! You will be here a few days before......if that happens the beer will be gone before the game starts!! :(

I may have to reload the truck a couple of times on the way out.

TerryP said:
the_rolltide said:
TerryP said:
the_rolltide said:

ESPN's web site has never been on that is an accurate gauge on what they own network is going to broadcast. Heck, SECSports.com is about as bad and has a better track record than ESPN.

All that said, when ESPN makes their pre-season selections if the game they choose ends up being one where you have two teams that are just horrible they have the right to not televise that game. That may be why it's not listed as of now...

GameDay? Don't know. IF so, it would be two Bama games this year and back to back SEC games as well. So, seems a little unlikely to me.

BUT, there really aren't any other major games that weekend save one, Penn State vs the Illini.

Assuming its the ESPN telecast.....Id say about 99.99% gameday would be there

rammerjammer said:
If memory serves me correct....the last time we beat jawjuh it was a night game. Bodes well for us if your into omens.

Nah, you're thinking of the night game in '94 (Barker vs. Zeier). We came to Athens in '95 in the day and beat them 31-0. I'll actually take either scenario though. :D

CtrlAltieDel said:
c5vetman said:
Will this be on ESPN, or will it be football on ABC as presented by ESPN like the Clemson game?

I don't have cable right now, just hi def OTA broadcast, so if its only on ESPN, I may have to call my cable company quick!

As 'Bamabass indicated, I believe it is just going to be on ESPN solely.

Alabama at Georgia 6:45 p.m. ESPN (HD)

http://www.lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

CST!!!

And gameday will be there!!! Trust me!

Lenny Kozlowski said:
TerryP said:
the_rolltide said:
TerryP said:
the_rolltide said:

Assuming its the ESPN telecast.....Id say about 99.99% gameday would be there

what does assuming do?? :D :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom