| FTBL UA Offensive lineman Hunter Brannon charged with DUI

Secondand26

per Tuscaloosa News Alabama football player charged with DUI

Tuscaloosa Police arrested a University of Alabama football player for driving under the influence and leaving the scene of an accident after a hit and run crash Sunday morning.

Hunter Ray Brannon, 20, was booked into the jail at 5:32 a.m. The offensive lineman from Cullman has seen no playing time this season and did not travel to Knoxville for the game Saturday.

TPD officers were called to the crash near Arby’s on University Boulevard, said department spokeswoman Lt. Teena Richardson.

The victim, 19, told officers that the driver of a white Chevrolet Silverado was “doing donuts” in the roadway before striking his vehicle, she said.

“The suspect asked the victim not to contact the police, then left the scene,” she said.

The victim provided police with the tag number, she said. Officers stopped Brannon around Hackberry Lane and Bryant Drive. He received minor injuries, but refused medical treatment.

Head coach Nick Saban issued a statement Sunday morning:

“We are very disappointed any time a player makes a choice that leads to this kind of behavior,” he said. “We are still in the process of gathering all of the details on the situation, and we will evaluate what we need to do in terms of appropriate discipline as we move forward.”

Brannon was being held in the Tuscaloosa County Jail Sunday morning with bond set at $1,000.

Brannon was one of the top offensive linemen in the state in the 2017 recruiting class. He arrived at Alabama as a three-star recruit by Scout and Rivals.

Last edited by a moderator:
My bet is that it will be handled internally.

honestly probably depends on how good the kid is. I know he hasn't played this year but...if the kid hasn't had any other issues. No other run ins or arrests. He will sit, do the community service, pay the fines......but if this is his only issue and keeps his nose clean.....i think he will be aight

Back
Top Bottom