| FTBL UA Coordinator/coaching changes— SPLIT into offensive and defensive threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Grantham talk is a tad premature... not to say it might not be him in the end, it certainly could. If it is though, it will be more of a stop gap hire... not a long haul hire. It would also put Grantham in a position where he has more talent on the field than any other stop in his career. Add to that, he'd have better coaching assistance on that side of the ball that he's ever had either. Above all else, it would mean that Saban trusts him to get the job done, which should count for something when looking at Saban's batting average.
Honestly, I'd take the risk of Pruitt not being able to recruit for him to come back. If that is the case, it wont hurt Bama on the recruiting trail. We've got a great staff and coach Saban. It'll be fine in that department.

Honestly, I'd take the risk of Pruitt not being able to recruit for him to come back. If that is the case, it wont hurt Bama on the recruiting trail. We've got a great staff and coach Saban. It'll be fine in that department.

If having his hands tied with some recruiting stuff was the only issue, I fully believe Saban would have pulled the trigger a while back.

If having his hands tied with some recruiting stuff was the only issue, I fully believe Saban would have pulled the trigger a while back.
Probably missing something, but wouldn't that be the biggest concern if the show-cause were done to him since that's what he's being investigated for mostly? Reading up on it, that's what usually occurs for something like this. I know the other is the trio on the boat during COVID, but I'm not entirely sure what the punishment for that would be

Probably missing something, but wouldn't that be the biggest concern if the show-cause were done to him since that's what he's being investigated for mostly? Reading up on it, that's what usually occurs for something like this. I know the other is the trio on the boat during COVID, but I'm not entirely sure what the punishment for that would be

Terry has done a good job of highlighting some of the other issues previously in this thread. The looming unknowns are a big obstacle for Saban though... As much as Saban wants him, Saban hates unknowns. UA has done a lot of work, asked a lot of questions, and had some smart people working on a path forward. It is fully expected Pruitt will get a show cause, question is for how many years? Until the NCAA hears from him in April, they aren't giving Alabama anything close to assurances. I think there is still a shot he ends up on staff (likely support staff), but at this point, Saban might wait until after the April hearing to have a clearer picture of the unknowns.

Terry has done a good job of highlighting some of the other issues previously in this thread. The looming unknowns are a big obstacle for Saban though... As much as Saban wants him, Saban hates unknowns. UA has done a lot of work, asked a lot of questions, and had some smart people working on a path forward. It is fully expected Pruitt will get a show cause, question is for how many years? Until the NCAA hears from him in April, they aren't giving Alabama anything close to assurances. I think there is still a shot he ends up on staff (likely support staff), but at this point, Saban might wait until after the April hearing to have a clearer picture of the unknowns.
I'll go back and find it. I just wonder what he's gonna do about the DC position if he doesn't hire him soon. I'd rather Bama not put Grantham in that position, but if Saban were to trust him with it, then so be it.

I'd rather Bama not put Grantham in that position,
Let me ask you a question. I'm not suggesting something one way or another; it's merely a question.

If Grantham wasn't at Alabama, would his name be mentioned in this thread?

If you'll recall, all this talk about him started with an observation, on a tweet, that he was on staff at UA.

One thing for sure is no insider has any clue wtf they're talking about. Suttles hinted a few weeks ago that Saban already had his man and Alabama fans wouldn't be too thrilled about it. Yet today, we're hearing Alabama interviewing and being turned down by an OC who would have been a homerun hire.

So I'll just wait to hear when everything is official. Grantham probably would have already been hired as DC if he was going to be the man. Not saying he couldn't - it just seems like Saban would move quicker on hiring him if that was the case.

Let me ask you a question. I'm not suggesting something one way or another; it's merely a question.

If Grantham wasn't at Alabama, would his name be mentioned in this thread?

If you'll recall, all this talk about him started with an observation, on a tweet, that he was on staff at UA.
Probably not, no. And you're right about the tweet, someone posts something about it, and it becomes a bigger deal than what it is. We honestly don't know what Saban has planned aside from him wanting Pruitt, that much is known. However, all this other "insider" information, and "sources" have gotten a bit out of hand.

Two things are certain regarding the DC search:
1. Saban wants Pruitt
2. Pruitt needs Saban

Given the uncertainty of the timeline involved and the uncertainty of potential NCAA penalties, the only thing that makes sense is to hire Pruitt as an analyst now, as well as a DC on a one year contract, and then reevaluate after the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom